1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeIL has yet to confirm a bug in the site

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 May 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

So, strange one: I published a piece about GeIL memory modules yesterday, which ended with the line "GeIL has yet to confirm UK availability and pricing." So far, so normal.

Since then, everything posted to the site includes that closing line. All three of my news articles today, Antony's Mod of the Month post, everything. That's strange enough, but what's stranger is the text isn't actually there: it appears in the published piece, it appears in the content management system's preview mode, but if you click Edit on an affected article the text isn't there. Click 'Save' without making any changes, it vanishes from the preview view and the published piece.

Here's what we're seeing in the CMS:

[​IMG]

Notice how the GeIL line is visible in the Preview mode on the left-hand side of the image, but isn't there in Edit mode on the right-hand side. Basically, it looks like a bug in the CMS.

I've alerted Them As Can Fix It, and investigations will hopefully discover the cause and confine GeIL to appropriate articles.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I did LOL at the thread title. :lol:

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Right now, I'm imagining Them As Can Fix It struggling behind the scenes, shouting "She's breaking up. The site canna take no more, cap'n!" in a broad, fake Scottish brogue ;)

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

At this point the CMS is so old they probably have to start again. Problem is it's totally custom with no express export feature.

5. E1TSY

E1TSY A cog in the bit-tech machine

Hi All

Fear not, the issue has been found and a fix is being done this morning.

It is as a simple as a piece of ad code :)

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Um, It seems to have just migrated to all of my posts... :worried:

GeIL has yet to confirm UK availability and pricing.