1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Overclock ..unsuccessful causing Windows Lock up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Blarte, 4 Mar 2009.

1. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

System
    Q9550 (water cooled) (240rad) single loop)
    Asus Rampage fusion (DDR3 version)
    4Gb of Ocz XMP 1800* ( 2 x 2gb)
    1tb Samsung Spinpoint
    2 x 4870’s 512 (water cooled) (360 rad single loop)
    O/S windows Vista 64bit

Hi ladies and Gents,

I have a slight problem going on with my build, I have been running this system with no problems the last couple of months using the Asus Ai suite CPU Up program .. effectively making the 2.8 Q9550 into a Q9770 @ 3.2

However I decided (hindsight now kicking me up the harris) to get into bios and have a fiddle.
    I altered the settings on the bios and rebooted, unsuccessfully on most occasions, the board posts but windows fails to load. I then decided I had had enough messing about for the evening and reset the settings to the CPU Up, however when rebooting windows locks up now or I no signal going to the monitor.

I know the board is posting as the LCD poster is going through the motions. I have tried unplugging the system, restarting, resetting bios by pressing the rest button until a restart, unplugging the HDD and switching on then off and re attaching .. Not much in the way of success though. I can’t even get to the bios screen as for some reason now due to the no signal to monitor issue.
    I have switched the graphics cards over unplugged crossfire etc etc .. to no avail

Any suggestions? (all welcome bar the suggestion to sit back and eat some cheesecake, although that is pretty much looking appealing right now) :wallbash:

2. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

sorted it ...battery out.... power off... replace battery ...repaired windows and used backup file ...