1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Router help needed!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hirezo, 10 Jan 2013.

1. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

Hi guys!

i bought one of these the other day....

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/netg...-5ghz)-4-port-gigabit-router-with-usb-readysh

it was attempt to replace my virgin superhub with it hoping for better wifi speeds and stronger connections.

however after i took it out of the box ive realised i have no idea how to replace the superhub.
    the cable where it seems to receive its internet connection (it looks a little like a coaxial cable) cant be connected directly to the n750.

what am i missing? was i supposed to buy a wired router that accepts that coaxial looking cable, which then connects to my n750?? :confused:

any help would be greatly appreciated as my connection at the moment suuuucks!

t.i.a!

2. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

There are no aftermarket coaxial routers available (as far as I know). You have bought the correct router, its just a case of keeping the superhub to act as the modem and then letting the Netgear do all the work.

Follow the guide here which will show you how to put the superhub into modem only mode, allowing the Netgear to handle the wired and wireless devices. Then you'll need to connect the WAN port of the Netgear to the port shown on the page and you should be ready to go.

Last edited: 11 Jan 2013
  3. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

awesome! thank you dude! :) gonna try and set this up now :D

thanks again!!