1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Xonar Essence STX Audio Center not working on Windows 8!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tele1952, 7 Jun 2012.

1. Tele1952

Tele1952 What's a Dremel?

Hello good fellows, hope you had an enjoyable 4 day lash!

Basically, I naively downloaded the Windows 8 Preview narf, and found I could not start up Xonar Audio Center. This means I have no way of switching to Headphones!

Please, is there anything you can think of that could solve this dilemma apart from waiting for ASUS to bring out a new driver?

Many thanks

Timmy :worried:

2. Deders

Deders Modder

Windows 7 has it's own speaker setup, you right click on the speaker icon and select playback devices, highlight speakers and click configure, I believe there is a headphone option there. Does windows 8 have anything similar?

One thing I did find is that it messed with my X-FI, so occasionally all the speakers would switch around in 5.1 mode, Not sure if it would affect other cards but I sorted this out by uninstalling and re-installing the creative drivers and never touching the windows sound setup again.

3. Tele1952

Tele1952 What's a Dremel?

Yes and I've just tried it Deders. It gives me no option though to switch from speakers to headphones in configure or properties. However, there is the mobo headphone socket but I'd rather not resort to that...

:EDIT:

Also I tried running it in Windows 7 compatibility mode, no luck there either :( !

Last edited: 7 Jun 2012
  4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Try these:
    http://brainbit.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

No idea what the Windows 8 compatibility is like; but could be worth a shot. They're better than the stock drivers in Vista/7 either way.

Unsure what the 2nd quote means.