1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable ASUS Taichi 31 Review

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Djayness, 17 Jan 2013.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Today we are looking at a really versatile laptop that folds down to become a tablet. An interesting hybrid to say the least, one that works well and is pretty much a non compromise solution who want both. You do feel that this laptop was made with Windows 8 in mind and the gorilla glass on the front oozes quality whilst giving off some assurance that your ASUS Taichi will survive some of what life throws at it.

This particular model was running an i7 processor with a 256GB SSD that pushes the very limits of the SATA 3 interface running an incredible 495MB/s sequential read on our tests. Pixel density is impressive on the 13 inch display with the dual Full HD displays performing well during my review use.

Battery life is surprisingly good with around 3 to 4 hours mixed video play back and internet browsing use. ASUS has gone all out on the sound setup as well with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower speakers on either side of the laptop. A brushed metal finish wraps the entire device and it's about the thickness of a USB plug as you can see which is nothing unexpected from the Intel Ultrabook specifications.

2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

This is pretty much where every laptop will be going in a few years. Looks very nice.

3. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Yeah the ultrabook specification has been in my opinion, one of the most defining reasons that Laptops have become viable desktop replacements for a large section of the market.