1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas traditions... what are yours?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lorquis, 23 Dec 2003.

1. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Right... being that RTT says it's christmas... break out the christmas themed threads... (and needles... ho ho ho)

Right traditions... obvious ones are trees etc but other things...

Eg... We always have a "Tree Present" which is one little kinda not very expensive but nice pressy to open on christmas eve which really gets you into the spirit of pressies...
    No angel on top of tree, but we do have a little cardboard tree that I made when I was very iccle..
    I wonder around wearing a santa hat whereever I go for a while.... albeit looking like a total prat but it's all good fun!

anyhoo... all yours... go go go!

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well we have the un-wanted tradition of having a really great buildup to Christmas, enjoying the holidays and parties around it, then having a crappy day on actual Christmas...

3. maki43

maki43 I can touch my toes 1,2,3

We buy our christmaws tree on christmas eve :D On the run up to christmas your always rushing around buying presents and never home to enjoy the tree. Buy it later and it lasts the longest when u can enjoy it most :)

We also traul every presnt we have under our tree to my Grans and open them there. Some feat i must say :eeek:

4. penski

penski BodMod

I drink copious amounts of alcohol, get drunk, insult people and fall asleep.

*n

5. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

I resemble that remark! :hip:

Have one on me penski, I'll grab 2 out of the fridge on my next trip. :D

6. El Nosba

El Nosba What's a Dremel?

a thing ive been doing every christmas eve is once the 24-hour marathon of the movie "A Christmas Story" is put on TNT here, i never, NEVER change the channel till its over.

it starts at 6 this year :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

( not 8 like normally, AND willy wonka and the chocolate factory is on right before it starts too !! )

yea... i know.... and im 19 years old too :thumb:

7. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Every Christmas I watch all the 'Round the World in 80 Days' and 'Pole to Pole' programmes.
    Come on Palin!

8. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I usualy go to the grandparents house, eat loads of food. Take a nap, go eat more food, and so on.

Needless to say, I usualy put on a few pounds over the holidays :p

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

i don't think we have any traditions.

[and thats the end of that chapter]

10. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

My dad and I have this great place where we buy our christmas tree, usually a week before christmas.
    On Christmas eve I just hang at home with the family, watch christmas movies with my brother and sister, eat turkey and open presents. Some years I go to church, some years I don't.

11. relix

relix Minimodder

how's that differint from any other day?

--------------------------------------

Well, we're gonna go swimming in an hour, and I hope it's gonna become a chrismas-eve tradition :D. I hope we get candy at the entrance of the swimming pool again, we got candy when we went swimming around Halloween! :rock:

12. Golden-1

Golden-1 Minimodder

well, Xmas day normall stats at 6am, with teh family tradition of stomping down the stairs loudly, and waking everyone else up, dropping all the pans in the kitchen, making one hell of a racket, then stomping back upstairs and waking everyone else up.

This happens three or four times, as everyone in the house decides that breakfast would be good right about now,

we then go on to the "fained politeness" stage of the proceedings, where we tell everyone who buys us a present that they shouldnt have done, its just-what-we-allways-wanted-but-did-you-keep-the-recipt" stage.

After several hours of trying to pretend to be nicve to each other, we eat enough food to sink a battle ship, and then go and visit the other relatives, before having an argument about what "their Darren said about our sharon", and vowing never to speak to each other for annother year.

Then we retire for a "few drinks around the fire", and wake up, ina ditch , in annother town, with no idea how i got there, or why my head feels like an enire circus of elephants has walked over it.

Xmas Cheer? Bah! Humbug!

13. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Umm

Get up as late as possible, eat breaky, drink some alcohol, have lots of brussel sprouts and sausage in bacon and turkey and mmm more alcohol.

Sleep.

14. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Ewwwww. Brussel Sprouts. It must be Christmas.

15. Dogg

Dogg What's a Dremel?

wake up; open gifts; family fights; eat food; family fights again; take nap; wake up; family fights ---- yeah.. fairly simple traditions.

16. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Does no one have stockings??

Actually we don't anymore but last year my brother thought it would be fun to sneek around the house early in the morning and put little suprise socks filled with useless junk at the foot of each of our beds. It was fun getting to throw bits of plastic and toy planes at each other again :D.

A tradition of ours it seems is to never eat turkey. I don't know why but I can't seem to remember ever having it on xmas day :p.

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Let's see: Wake up, get ready, open presents, watch tv, surf the net, eat lunch, argue with family, more net surfing, more tv eat again, more tv, play some ps2, go to bed.

18. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

well lets see.

Get woken up by little sister.
    Look thru stocking
    Turn comp on and browse internet
    Get Dressed and washed
    Go get some breakfast
    Wait for everyone else to get ready
    Open some presents
    Lunch
    Browse internet
    More presents
    Dinner
    Browse internet
    Watch boring TV
    ...the usual

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Standard Christmas Day Model #1

Same as.

20. penski

penski BodMod

You'd be disturbed at how often I don't drink...

Seriously, saturday was the first time I drank in about 6-8 weeks.

It's just that when I do, I go over the top completely and end up being abusive and/or naked.

*n