1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Is there a way to kill silently in Crysis?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by curme, 21 Jan 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curme

curme Minimodder

Apparently I have forgotten my knife and forgot how to twist a neck! :duh:

I just started playing, I'm in the very beginning, before you get the grenades for the first time.

I've tried to use my silencer, but the enemy hears it, and I tried to melee, but the North Korean doesn't go down at first strike, and I have to hit him a couple of times, and then his buddies hear it.

Is there a way to sneak-up to enemies and kill them? Or is is just sneak around, avoid the enemy, and grab the objective, like a stealth Pac-Man?

I'm playing on the hardest setting (it's the only way to get the North Koreans to speak Korean!).

2. MaZ

MaZ "Aye, me bottle of scrumpy!"

Cloak, get within about 6ft but out of view of his buddies, single shot to the head kills 1st time with no noise, cloak back up. Only problem is if they see the body they will become alerted.

3. curme

curme Minimodder

Thanks MaZ, I just must be doing something wrong.

I wish there was a way to drag dead bodies away!

4. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

From what i remember of the little i played it, i think you can pick up bodies... Also, as its quite a novel thing, really do try out all the options on the body suit, the cloak is pretty awesome! If you really want to kill with a single knife swipe, the super strength also works :D

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Just use the precision sniper rifle or the Gauss when you get one!

6. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

Are you sure you've played it?

You can't pick up bodies and there isn't even a knife in the game at all. Lol.

Another vote for close range, single, silenced shot to the head, if you're looking for a swift, silent take down. I find the silenced pistol to be quite effective at close range as well.

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Remember to de-cloak before shooting though, otherwise you drain all the suit energy and can't recloak straight away.

8. curme

curme Minimodder

Hey now! That is a handy tip, cheers!

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Yea, my favourite tactic. Make some noise (throw something) and then when they all start walking towards the noise (watch out for a few watching the rear) cloak and sneak behind then de-cloak into strength mode pick up one of the stragglers and chuck him into the ones in front, then re-cloak and lay down (drains less energy) until they have turned round and headed back to where the guy you threw was standing. Then you can either repeat, or just go nuts with some grenades.

I wish throwing grenades and the like didn't drain your cloak though. It would be ace to be able to sneak into a crowd and then roll a grenade onto the floor then sprint away.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Don't bother with silent - it isn't worth the effort. It's easier to adapt your stealth tactics into hit and run guerilla raids. Crash a jeep into a load of baddies, jump out, cloak, run away outside of the base and then enter from a different side on foot. Get close, de-cloak, attack, go to cover, cloak, run away and then choose a new entry point. If you get low on health, back out and snipe.

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

The tactical addon worked well for me. Knock out the bad guys one at time, and shoot their bodies with the silenced pistol or rifle. Or for total silence, punch their sleeping heads in, post-dart. Pure stealth and no alerted North Koreans.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Ditto, Splinter Cell has spoilt me...

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Don't listen to this nonsense. I played Crysis all stealthy-like and was quite satisfied with how it worked. Sure, that approach works too, but the beauty of the suit is that it really DOES let you play using whatever style works for you.

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Half the fun is trying to take out a guard post ninja style. I often restart a section just to try and avoid being spotted.

15. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I must have some freak version of the game. I am able to pickup the bodies. But the only real use for them is to throw em at other still living people.

*edit: I musta been dreaming or high, I cannot pick up bodies*

Last edited: 25 Jan 2008
  16. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

You can grab enemies by the throat. Don't know if you can pick up dead ones, though.

I tend to play pretty stealthy. When i get spotted it's all unsilenced and grenades all the way, though. Just make the biggest chaos ever :D To prevent being spotted i lay down in some bushes. They can't see you then. Crouching also helps. The trick is to go for clean head shots. On guys with helmets it's a bit harder, though.

Oh, and stealth with a tank is pretty hard...

17. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

Actually playing with the silencer is incredibly harder since it halves your damage at mid range and nullify totally the damage after a certain range. When I stopped using the silence the game was really alot easier, so it is not non-sense.

18. boiled_elephant

Nah man, it really is bollocks, stealth has great value in this game. If it doesn't work for you, you're just impatient or ham-fisted (or both :))
    It's as if they're trying to make up for Far Cry's shortcomings: you can stealth practically everything. Enemys are so easy to second-guess and trick, it's delicious. And when you make it through 3 checkpoints in a row without alerting a single enemy before the fatal shot/blow/washing machine, you feel like ****ing James Bond :cooldude:
    (In fact, I've been orgasming over this game so much lately, I should really buy the full version. But it's a testament to the versatility of gameplay that the demo can keep me amused for about a month.)

p.s.
    I lol'd. Don't worry, dude, there's worse - I woke up doing the ctrl-atl-del gesture in mid-air once. I think I was trying to terminate the dream's process :-/

19. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Why does the game have the cloak feature if you can't kill someone silently? Just confuses me whereas Predators seem to be able to do stealth melee justice.

20. boiled_elephant

Just noticed nobody's said it. The next best thing to killing while cloaked is stealthing behind enemies, going to strength, nutting them in the back and switching back to stealth. You can decimate entire squads that way, so long as they're searching around or on patrol.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.