1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Slim business laptop with 15.6" display?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jemis, 10 Apr 2014.

1. Jemis

Jemis What's a Dremel?

Hello,

Yeah... i have this little issue here. I'm looking for cool, light, slim business laptop with 15.6" display and docking unit compability. I hate heavy laptops because I move around a lot, but on the other hand, I don't wanna have laptop with 14" screen because I can't work with it.

Is Apple's Air the only one available? Because all lightweight PC laptops I have found, are compatible only with USB 3 docking units (and I've been told that they suck big time). Laptops compatible with "normal docking units" are all equiped with 14" screen.

Any ideas?

2. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

The issue with what you have described here is that it is a bit ambiguous. Can you be a bit more specific on weight requirements other than light. Also what sort of dock do you require and what is your budget? In my last place we bought Dell email series, they weren't massively heavy, could be docked, and had 15.6" models iirc. Lenovo may also have an offering but I've been out of that game for a year so I'm a bit out of touch.

Edit Dell e 6540 is 2.5kg I'd consider that to be fairly light as my 12" weighs just over 2kg. If you're looking into ultra book territory then I don't know what sort of docking port capability they come with these days.

Last edited: 10 Apr 2014
  3. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Had a look at the Thinkpads and its either light and 14" or 15" full size and weight if you want a model with a docking port.