1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Can Corsair Succeed Where Nvidia failed?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 7 Jan 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i don't know about other enthusiastics, i setup my overclocking, and then just forgets about it.

why does a computer need more looking after than a baby? it's a computer, you can set it up so it monitors itself!

with that rant, it's safe to say this is one feature this Corsair sucker won't be buying into.
    (another feature is USB headphones, stupid waste of system resource)

3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

The only thing I monitor is temps after a new build, to make sure everything is cooled sufficiently. Speedfan does everything I need it to do, but then if you have a OCD then I guess this is right up your alley.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

You forgot the CPU...but who needs that anyway :D

5. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Totally agree. I do the same. Don't really see a point in constantly monitoring your system if its perfectly stable.

6. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Actually, it's an OCD :D

I don't think we need to worry that Corsair will kill off the competition just by having a monitoring app.

7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah I agree with wu in a way.. but cpu usage is one I can't give up- I like seeing it realtime

8. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

It would be nice to have assuming the software is good and not your typical oem junk. But even then I'm would not go out of my way for it.

What I wish for more then anything else in the pc world is a modern smart control unit for fans/pumps/lights and/or bits like motors or tecs. An evolved tbalancer/aquaero with decent maybe even open source software. /sigh

9. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Will periodically check everythings okay but am not someone who needs to sit and stare at sensor readings for hours unless physically altering things somewhere.

Kind of enjoy finding utilities to monitor different things - half the fun!

10. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Is it bad that as I read this article I have HWMonitor Pro running in the taskbar, just checking that everything is "just so" :p

11. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

All I monitor is the temps for my CPU/GPU, as I know exactly their loads from the temp :p I can see my Cyclone res, so I know my pumps still working, and I can see my fans so I know they're working...

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

All the important stuff (courtesy of Speedfan and Samurize) is on a 5" TFT in the bezel of my PC. I have a flow sensor pretending it's a fan to the mobo so I can see the coolant flow in litres per minute.

Not that I need to. I like my PC setup "run and forget". I want to do things on it, not to it all the time.

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I actually have a few ESA certified components, and on the rare occasion that I need to check things, it comes in quite handy.

Otherwise though, it's useless and I don't even have it plugged in unless I need to use it for something, granted, that's only if I remember I have the ESA stuff at the time :p

14. Black Eyed

Black Eyed Mammifère blanc et noir

I like the idea of everything integrated but just can't ever be bothered to check. If it doesn't crash, I don't complain these days. I'm not sure why ESA failed, anyone know?

Nexxo - wouldn't that data be more useful on your desktop, or at least in front of you though, rather than down on your PC?

Tags: Add Tags