1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Have you had your 15 minutes of fame?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 20 Feb 2013.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

These days you switch on the television and yet another load of 'ordinary' people are getting their fifteen minutes of fame. Be it a game show or reality program, antiques show or property buying/selling. Thousands are clamoring to be seen on the box. and of course once you have been on the television you are then a 'celebrity'.

Which got me to thinking of my own moments in the public limelight but for me it was not the road to fame and riches just a few moments when I was was on the telly.

My first appearance was in a Weetabix advert age,all I can say I was young,had to run through a field of wheat, jump a ditch and turn back and call my dog. I might add that there was no stunt double for the ditch jumping scene, it was all my own work. For that I got a chauffeur driven car to take me to and from the shoot site,notice the casual but accurate terminology,and I think around 20 quid, a lot of money at the time.

The second time is when the kids home I lived in in Harrow appeared on the local news program and I was selected to kick a football, I have no idea why, possibly a strange TV ritual.

The third time and this is one for the older forum members, I appeared on Crackerjack and I got a pencil. To my shame I cannot remember who the presenter was at the time but I do remember it was not much fun. You were pushed and shoved all over the place by the TV people just so you were in the right positions for the camera shots, there it is again,casual use of terminology.

So there you have it, since then I have shied away from the limelight,preferring to live a life of quiet industriousness.

So the question remains unanswered: Have you had your 15 minutes of fame?

YEHBABY likes this.
  2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I can be seen in the background for an interview with some girls at the movie premiere for Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. My leather jacket and backpack anyway.

Umm so not really in the video and not fame but still know it was me.

Nothing else really though as a claim to fame i have met some A list movie stars :rock:

3. October

October Mariachi Style

My name is in the credits for Game of Thrones...by the time season 3 has finished airing that might add up to about 2 minutes so far :thumb:

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I had jelly and ice cream with the Beatles at Hammersmith Palais in the sixties but that does not count towards 15 minutes of fame as it was not televised or filmed. No pictures either, very sad.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I met and spent the day with Quentin blake a few years back, lovely guy.

6. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

If security footage counts, I've been drinking and chatting to the All Blacks and the Australian rugby teams several times in '06-'09 and once with a few of from the Saffa team.

Other than that, a few minor celebs, a couple gig afterparties and drinking with one of my favourite Saffa bands, Prime Circle

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Many, many years ago, I was linked with Nell McAndrew, as I was working with her at a radio station. Having finished a day's work, we got snapped heading into a restaurant to get some food. My 15 minutes of fame? The media thought I was dating her. Still good friends with her now, thanks to that. :)

8. Boorach

Boorach Minimodder

Was interviewed on the Scottish news when I was 10. Was the youngest member of our local kart club and we were hosting the Scottish Championships.

9. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

My only 'claim to fame' so far is CPC Folder of the Month, though I forget the month!

That said, I have met a couple of famous people:

[​IMG]
    Me & Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain (taken in 2006, I was 19 at the time)

[​IMG]
    Me & Queen guitarist Brian May (taken in August 2011) :)

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

My arsehole had its fifteen minutes of fame detailed in the thread linked in my sig.

11. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Some of my work was displayed in the Royal College of Art, but that's about it.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What did you do on it?

13. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

What's this television thing you speak of?

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Well, there was that episode of Crimewatch, but it was an uncredited appearance...

15. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I did some model work for GAP. It was wierd to see my chops on posters in stores.

I was 20 and went to the Gym 7 days a week for two hours.

I'm now touching 29 and I struggle to do the gym 3 times a week.

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I was in the queue on Antiques Roadshow at Burghley House, clear as day, spotted by a few people. You're welcome to come and touch me.

17. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Used to play waterpolo for GB and played with Prince Willy-bum for a while, not really fame. But I don't have anything else to add!

18. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Last edited: 20 Feb 2013
  19. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Intrigued, I am.

And how can I follow you on Twitter, good sir?

20. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

twitter.com/flibblesan :thumb: