1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Redline Project - Lian-Li PC-Q25

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by K1rra, 10 Nov 2013.

1. K1rra

K1rra What's a Modding?

Greetings to all!

Finally, I rallied and ready to present to you my mod, though not as stunning and beautiful as the work of respected modders from all over the world, but nonetheless, unusual and severe, almost all Lian Li cases.

[​IMG]

After several years of trying to create a case that would fit all the parameters, I found a lovely Lian Li.I am not a professional modder, and unfortunately have not a large fleet of tools and devices, but I always try to do everything efficiently.Initially, this case will be customized to the size of my hardware.

Hardware:
    • i5 4670K
    • ASUS Maximus VI Impact
    • 8GB (2*4) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866
    • Asus GTX680 DCII
    • Corsair HX1050
    • 256 Gb Samsung 840 EVO and 500Gb WD

At the moment I have broken the camera, and the image quality is a bit crappy)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The first thing I did - removed the basket for five discs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My graphics card - GTX 680 DTSII not fit into the case in any way, and I thought that it would have to be changed, but found a way out.I sawed off part of the third slot on the video card itself, as in the photo, and she got up without any problems.The second problem was the motherboard tray - it overlaps the cooler mounting holes:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Look at how little space and air left graphics card :) I will think of something (though in my opinion, it will be easier to saw the entire bottom)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

A trial run in the new case:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The first thing I'd like to pack everything inside, then put in order the fastening and stacking cables. Then will have to think about the full water cooling. Appearance of the case outside it was decided not to touch, as a maximum - to do the window and add USB 3.0 ports.

I'll be glad to any criticism and advice.:dremel: