1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Razer launches Kraken 7.1 gaming headset

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Aug 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Inb4 Release the Kraken :p

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

"Release the Kraken"

Oh ****, somebody got inb4 me :miffed:

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

meh, gaming headphones.

5. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

If the software is anything like their keyboard & mice software (Synapse) I recommend everyone to avoid it at all costs.

6. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

@Eggy. using the naga and the nostromo..... and the software is more than adequate to me. Easy to navigate and look at in terms of the UI, and i havent ran into any glitches or anything. really dont know why razer gets so much hate when i've yet to encounter a single problem with my hardware or software.

anyway one reason to buy this over the kraken pro is that it looks better..... I'll be getting the tiamat when i upgrade tho >_>

7. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Ignore Eggy... Razer's software is far from bad.

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

In after Shirty got inb4'ed for trying to inb4.

Also, I can't stand Razer headsets. I've bought budget headphones that were more comfortable and less flimsy.

9. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

I have the Razer Deathstalker keyboard but as soon as I start the software (which for some reason makes you login to their server, wtf?) keys stop responding and changing background lighting doesn't work anymore. I have this on several devices and I'm not the only one. The synapse software is a joke.

10. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

It works just fine for me, and I'm an avid Razer customer. I've got the Deathadder, Naga epic and Ourboros. That and the Deathstalker keyboard and the Tiamat. All of them work fine and dandy when the saftware is on. Dunno what makes it so glitchy for you.

11. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I don't own any of their products because I've seen what happens to them over time. I have to buddys who owned mice and keyboards from razor and they all died. They owned 5 products and all 5 of them are in the trash, that's %100 failure rate. I'm never touching their stuff.

12. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Not here... I've owned several dozen razer products in the past... None failed... Those that I'm not using are just retired due to being replaced or are on loan to friends/family. Guess some folks just have bad luck with razer.