1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware In-Win 901 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 20 May 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. MSIRawZ

MSIRawZ MSI UK Rep

My next case!

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Despite the (very) high price, I really like this case.

Very interesting design for a mini-itx chassis, and I love the tucked away slimline ODD mount.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I really like this case too and think it would be an amazing centerpiece for a living room Gaming/HTPC.
    The main thing I didn't like about it initially was the design and location of the optical drive, until I thought about how little I use it. It doesn't bother me anywhere near as much any more.

Definitely needs money to be spent on it to fill it with quality hardware that looks good as well as performs well.

5. Ljs

Ljs Modder

400mm deep for an m-ITX case? It's a beast! A fancy beast but huge nonetheless.

6. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

In-Win have some really nice cases out now, not too long ago I was advising people to steer clear of them because they looked cheep and flimsy

7. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Yep - my first hardware review for bit-tech (unpublished) was a trial one for starting my work here, and it was of an In-Win chassis. I slated it for its design choices being completely out of touch with each other (e.g. noise dampening foam and huge porous mesh sections side by side; rubber grommets on the rear water-cooling holes but not the cable routing ones; dust filters beneath the PSU but not behind any other mesh sections etc. etc.), and it felt like it had just randomly dotted features around the case, which will remain unnamed, for the sake of a checklist.

And now we have something like this. You'd never guess it was the same company. It's expensive, sure, but it's crafted almost impeccably from top to bottom and as has been said already, it's something you'd want as a centre-piece and something that you'd actually design the rest of your build around. I don't know what designer(s) In-Win has hired but they've done a damn fine job here, and the company has come a long way too in terms of functionality in its more "normal" enclosures such as the GRone - if it can just capture some of the aesthetic finesse shown here in those cases it could really start to change people's minds about how it is usually perceived in the enthusiast community.

8. Jedibeeftrix

Jedibeeftrix What's a Dremel?

i have this case in the living room, fits perfectly glass facing outwards in my tv stand.

bought a Corsair H75, put the radaitior and one fan in the rear cavity and used the second as the filtered intake.

works great.

9. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The review mentions...

However, according to images around the web, this looks (as expected) a touch unsightly...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, it is possible to mount an AIO cooler inside the rear cavity which obviously improves the looks greatly...

[​IMG]

Although plugging in the cables to the I/O could be tricky...

10. Jedibeeftrix

works fine with a corsair h75, this is what i have done.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You'd probably be ok if you were driving the monitor via HDMI, but I'd imagine DVI would be a pig - even the right angle DVI adapters I've seen are quite bulky.

12. trintragular

trintragular What's a Dremel?

Great design but I think I'd be too scared to handle the glass side panels!

As SchizoFrog said, it definitely needs decent hardware to go with it.

13. Jedibeeftrix

agreed, i went over the top and got a yellow asus z87i-pro motherboard and matching PSU braided cables and memory, just to make it look nice! :D

14. The Bear

The Bear What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys, Glad you like this case. To show our commitment to Bit-tech community. We will be offering FREE Delivery. Please use this Promo code at checkout (case sensitive) : bit-tech 901 June

Tags: Edit