1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Blade Kitten Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 10 Oct 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

NOINK? Does anyone know what that is? UD is only coming up with verbs.

3. Wing Zero

Wing Zero Ita-sha owner

"NO Idea N00b Kid"

must say, it's a little bit harsh for a review, but an honest one. going into this, with a £10 price tag, i wasn't expecting some grand epic adventure. but i still think it's not bad value for money

as for the storyline, i had the basic knowledge from the game description off steam, and the 'how to play' section while long, does help fill the gaps. however, there's a full webcomic on the game's website that does help alot

don't know what you're experiencing concerning motion sickness. to me, it's no faster than most Sonic games. a gamepad does help a lot though.

4. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Epic fail is something all other developers should use as the screen when your char dies. :D

5. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I'm downloading the demo now, it's only £6.60 on steam so if the demo is decent I will give it a punt. Love out outrageously stupid it looks.

Speaking of Motion Sickness I think I'm getting it from borderlands. I haven't got motion sickness playing games since Doom on the jaguar (no other version weirdly). 24 hours in and i'm only making the connection recently.

6. runadumb

Oh dear, oh dear. Those controls are terrible. Feels delayed and floaty. Won't be buying that even if it is only £6.60.

7. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

^ This. It also made me feel motion sick, and I never get motion sick with video games.

8. Wolfe

Wolfe What's a Dremel?

This did start out as a webcomic (Looooong ago), of all things. The writers may be assuming familiarity with the backstory.

No excuse for bad writing, anyways.

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

It does when you suicide in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. It' would be a little harsh for every death, though.

10. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Overall I actually enjoyed this game, it was a nice break from playing some of the bigger title games that came out this year, running, jumping, slashing and climbing all felt smooth with the standard WASD setup but I would have liked to have tried it with a gamepad(probably my next computer part purchase). I also want to point out that I really dug the in-game soundtrack, it made exploring not nearly as boring as it could have been and the level design feels pretty fresh at times. It might not be the best game to come out this year but it certainly isn't the worst either. I'm sold on the idea of a blade kitten part 2.

11. Garfy400

Garfy400 Master of the Universe

If you're having motion sickness problems with borderlands (like I did) then you probably need to change the FOV, it makes a world of difference.

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

The 360 demo seemed enjoyable enough, don't think I'd pick up the full game though.

13. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Too bad the view in general is horrible, even with the correct FOV, it feels awful.

14. runadumb

Cheers for the tip. Doesn't Bioshock 1&2 have some stupid FOV on the PC as well? I've just started Bioshock 2 so will see if it has any negative effects on me.

15. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I have not noticed any FOV problems in bioshock 1&2 or borederlands. The only game recently that gave me that issue was battlefield:bad company 2 and a simple edit of the config file fixed that right up to the point where it doesn't give me any issues.

Also Blade Kitten now dropped to half-price on steam in the USA, $10 now, shoulda waited to pick it up but I'm a compulsive pre-order-er. :)

Tags: Add Tags