1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics "Hitching" with Far Cry 1.3 Patch

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tim S, 28 Oct 2004.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

Is anyone else seeing this?

I've been using the 66.81 drivers from nZone (WHQL for GeForce 6 series), and I've been experiencing some rather annoying pauses/frame rate drops with the patch.

It happens with any resolution, and at any setting with/without HDR turned on.

Basically it can happen when I fire weapons, see explosions, open doors, etc, etc.

It's not because the frame rate is too low, and it doesn't happen consistently, only in certain places. It appears that it's a driver bug, but I wanted to be sure that it wasn't just me that was having these problems. :blah:

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

not getting any of it here with 66.72
    just put on 66.81 this morning though, ill have a quick peep and see if im getting that

EDIT: yep, and it sucks :grr: , straight back to 66.72 for me, if it aint broke...

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Cheers... I'll have a moan at NVIDIA tomorrow and see when they're likely to release a new official "beta" driver :)

4. bimy

bimy What's a Dremel?

Euh... Dont you guys use 66.77? :worried:

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_66.81.html

66.81 are the latest "official" beta drivers, which are WHQL for GeForce 6 series.

61.77, which I think you are referring to, are a very old driver build. I'm using drivers that are available to the public as I don't believe in using press drivers - you guys cannot get hold of them and therefore can't repeat what I'm recording in my graphics card reviews (in the similar style to the XFX GeForce 6800Ultra review - http://bit-tech.net/review/367)

:)

6. bimy

bimy What's a Dremel?

Ah lol :duh:
    I totally misread the version number... it is 61.77. And by the way, I have a Geforce 6 series Graphics Card so... :D

Gonna get some new drivres from the site you gave.

Tags: