Info on watercooling a xclio 1000 pc case

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by FLASHLIGHT1981, 28 May 2010.

1. FLASHLIGHT1981

FLASHLIGHT1981 What's a Dremel?

Hello I have a xclio 1000 pc case and want to watercool it, I have never done this before so would like to know the best ways to do it. My pc spec is:

FORMULA MAXIMUS III BOARD, 4 GB OF RIPJAW DDR3 RAM , SAPPHIRE 5870 1GB ,, INTEL i5 2.66 GHZ ,XFX 750W PSU,40 GB SSD, the only component I really want to watercool for now is the CPU.

If anyone can help me thankyou :naughty:

2. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Do you have a link to the case at all?

3. FLASHLIGHT1981

4. aquatuning

humm,

thats going to be different.

How many og the hard drive bays are you using?

5. FLASHLIGHT1981

I am only using two one for ssd and other for 1tb standard hard drive.

6. aquatuning

so you could remove some of the bays to create room for a radiator?

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

How big are those top fans, you could make a bracket to mount a 360 onto those bad boys, looks like there is enough room.

8. FLASHLIGHT1981

360? Sorry I am not fully clued up on these things :D

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

Sorry, I shouldn't have just assumed you would know what I meant. I meant a 360 radiator, one which holds 3x12cm fans.

After looking on xclio's website, it seems that the top 2 fans are 18cm each, which would be perfect for a 360 radiator. What you could do is make a bracket quite similar to the bracket included in the coolermaster atcs 840, this would allow you to mount a radiator in a neat way and not have to add any more fans to your case, which looks like it has enough already :D

Edit: Sorry I posted that from my phone, I couldn't really be bothered to find all the links and pics and links. The bottom half of this page will give you an idea of what I mean about making a bracket. You see how the bracket would either screw into the case where the standard big fans attach, or just onto the big fans and use them for cooling the radiator.

Edit 2: I have just noticed something which I did not realise when looking on my phone, it seems that the fans on top are not mounted like traditional fans which seems to make my bracket idea useless unless you just remove the top fans and use the bracket to mount the radiator to the top perspex. If it was me, I would change the bit of perspex on the top of the case and cut it myself to direction mount a radiator and fans to it. But I am not sure how much effort you want to put into it and how comfortable you are with cutting etc.

I did originally think that nitrix had the right idea by mounting it upright in the drive bays, like many people do with antec 900's, but it seems that all the drive bays are made for toolness clips as they have no screw holes.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2010