1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression fitting help

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Bakes182, 15 Sep 2013.

1. Bakes182

Bakes182 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys and gals,

Before I start, I would like to apologise if i get any terminology confused/wrong, i am very new to watercooling outside of the Corsair H- series...

I have recently acquired a load of water cooling parts from a friend who didn't really know what he was doing with them... as such I have decided to take them off his hands and start my own build utilising them, im sure this wont be the first post relating to them, but for the time being i need some advice about compression fittings...

My first issue is that I genuinely cannot tell you anything about the CPU block except it is an alphacool one (may upload pictures later on if it is essential to help identify...). The issue i am having however, is that the input and output for water are extremely close together, so close that the two compression fittings i am messing about with will not both fit in at the same time. The barb fittings are able to do so, but im going for a (hopefully) good looking build here and i love the idea of some nice black compression fittings to contrast to my white tubing...

The tubing I will be using is:

3/8" ID (9.5mm)
    1/2" OD (12.7mm)

So does anyone know of any such fittings that would be classed as 'slim' or 'thin' etc that i could use so as to avoid to hideousness of cable ties etc....

Thanks in advance!

TLDR: Need skinny compression fittings.... :sigh:

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

You could try using a 45º extender. That's usually enough to give enough space. Not all of them have a crappy finish like that one, I just picked that as a cheap example of the type.

Edit: Black 45º with a decent finish.

3. Bakes182

Bakes182 What's a Dremel?

Thank you for the recommendation, that's definitely an option! The black one certainly looks a lot nicer! Only thing I'm worried about is that when i fit a compression on top, any ideas whether the diameter will be plush or will it be a lot thicker than the top of that adapter?

Edit: This is a picture of my CPU block...http://www.abload.de/img/_sam0057tyv4.jpg Credit to Cartago2202 for pic

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Thicker and will look similar to this. The only way you'll avoid that is to use 3/8"ID, 1/2"OD fittings using a separate 45º extender with a normal compression.

This uses 3/8"ID, 5/8"OD compressions with 45º extenders:
    [​IMG]