1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe Asus Transformer 201 Battery Problems

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by ShakeyJake, 31 Mar 2014.

1. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

Hey everyone,

I bought a 201 from Comet a while back, just before they went bust in fact. I know, I know, woe is me. :duh:

I've been plagued with battery issues for a while. Firstly, the main, tablet, part of the device wouldn't charge past a certain point. It would get to a certain percentage, say 75% and then just stop charging. I sent it back to the Asus repair center in the Czech Republic. I have RMA numbers, but I don't know if it's bad form to post them here. The unit was sent back with no fault found over my protestations.

I continued to have the issue, so much so that I made a youtube video to show Asus support and prove my issue. That video can be seen (if you'll excuse the shoddy production and voiceover work!) here. I then again sent the unit off, and it again came back with no fault found.

I am now having yet another battery issue, no it is the keyboard, dock side of the battery that will not charge. It is currently stuck at 99% and it is not charging the battery in the tablet. If I put the tablet into the dock the dock will not charge the tablet. There is no charging 'bong' no lightning symbol on the battery monitor and the battery level meter continues to slowly descend. Tellingly, if I then plug the dock in to the wall charger, the tablet will charge but the dock will not. The dock is clearly capable of passing charge on to the tablet, but it won't charge it without the wall charger. I can still charge the tablet normally just using the wall charger and tablet, and the keyboard and mouse still work on the dock.

Sorry for the long post but I spent £500 on this not so long ago and it's never worked right since the start. It's worth pointing out that that I am still having the first battery issue as well as this new one. I can't help but feel that if I'd bought it from somewhere else (or Comet hadn't gone bust) then I could just shout at some poor shop assistant until this was sorted but as it is I am having to deal with an uncaring, distant, Asus support system that insists that my unit is fine, despite two RMAs and a video to prove it.

My unit is broken, I would like it repaired or replaced under warranty as per my entitlement in UK/EU law. Could someone please advise me on how to do this? I am loathe to go through RMA for a third time, but if I can some assurance that my claim will be taken seriously I will if that's what I have to do.

Thanks,
    Jack

2. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

No one?