1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Need help with c#

Discussion in 'Software' started by jamsand, 7 Apr 2014.

1. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Hey bit-tech struggling to find something specific online but here is what I'm after. I am trying to list off all files inside my current working directory. Which I have working it stores all the files directories inside a string array and using a foreach loop it writes each one to the client.
    However the client only has one read.readline on the other side so the other 3 values in this case are stored in the que and creating a backlog of files. How can I make a loop that will read all the values in and display them or convert the array into a single string value that can be sent and displayed
    pastebin to code

http://pastebin.com/4sHrHv0H

2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'm still a relative beginner with C# and don't fully understand the problem/description and haven't done anything with client/server stuff, but just a quick idea, would StringBuilder be of use?

3. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

I stringbuilder is exactly what I need by looks of it but don't understand how to use it yet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

So after little more digging it appears you can concatenate an array into a single string but I'm not sure how that's done

5. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

This looks like it might cover it quite well.
    Shows the String Builder and the string.Join() function.