1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Watercooling woes

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Lassar, 5 Mar 2012.

1. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Had my 1st Watercooling loop together for a whille now and TBH im a little concerned.

All is well .... however looking in my res last night I noticed around the fill line a white line has formed..... and there a couple of floating white things. Also looks like there is an oil slick on the top of the water..... Any ideas?

Using Mayhems Dye X1 Premix as coolant which I was assured had all the nessacary stuff in it.

2. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Did you clean the rads well before installing the loop?

3. Lassar

im assured they were.... perhaps not.......

Any ideas how to deep clean?

4. Gurdeep14

Gurdeep14 Minimodder

5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

This is a pretty good simple guide as not everyone has a load of expensive pumps and filters .

6. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

Hi there

In a new loop with new tubing normally its can be 1 of several thing or a multitude of all.

1) Plasticizer from new tubing. (signs of this is a whitish substance layering on top of the res and cloudy tubing). If not cleaned out will cause build up eventually around the pins of any water cooling block. This is what people normally think is caused by dyes of liquid which is untrue.

2) Manufacturing solder and or flux in the rad. This normal is a green / blue texture that is present in ALL new water cooling rads. If not cleaned out will cause problems.

Many people use sysclean to clean this out of there system how ever i personally dont think its a good idea on Plated blacks as it eats away of the blocks because of the acid in sysclean. The west cost mods method is the best way to clean out you system bar none. its natural and it doesn't use chemicals.

7. Lassar

Rads were used ... tubing is new..... never knew you had to clean tubing 1st !!! Doh !!! Looks like i need to order me some more Mayhems :D