1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete 2009

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dave_salmon, 20 Jan 2010.

1. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

Has anyone played this lovely mod?

It goes a long way to making Stalker the game it was supposed to be around 5 years in to development:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Complete 2009

Lovely:
    [​IMG]

It does actually run better than the original game even patched to 1.0005. I'd already started playing before my mate linked me so I had to start a brand new game because the old save(s) aren't compatible but it was totally worth it.

Some of the stuff that has been enhanced or redone:
    Graphics - Improved light (Fire now dynamically lights the surrounding area), Shaders, Models, Textures (apparently over 900 (no. not over 9000))
    Gameplay - New UI, New loading screens, weapons tweaked, missions tweaked, plenty of work to the mechanics (You can trade almost anything with anyone, you can reset and join new factions outside of the story line, the game continues in free roaming after you finish the story)
    Sound - Music re-recorded live, new sound effects and ambient tracks

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I put that on a copy, but couldn't really get used to it. For starters the suit gloves annoy me, the sound effects sound cheap and crappy (or at least wrong somehow). The UI is 99% as good as the CS one, but not quite.

For the extra graphical ooh it wasn't worth it imo.

3. dave_salmon

Ok ok, the gloves annoyed the crap out of me at first and some of the effects do sound pretty gash (The Ak reload sounds like dropping a handful of forks).

For me the game felt old and clunky when I first played it instead of new, big and lovely like was promised. This mod makes the game how I imagined it (minus vehicles obviously but apparently that's coming).

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If that's the case then it's better than the latest STALKER: Call of Prip :duh: :duh: :duh:

5. dave_salmon

Well, apparently some stuff has been imported from Clear sky and the modders have poached some stuff from Pripyat too. It looks even nicer on DX10 with the wet floors and better Screen space Ambient occlusion. The DX9 version does have the ambient occlusion but it doesn't seem to work as well as it's supposed to (Random shadowing around bolts when you throw them at vehicles)

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I can't quite put my finger on it but somehow Stalker games always seem to look unfinished... Even the quite pretty CS still feels beta to me most of the way through.

7. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I use it.

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I use it, like it a lot though as the others say, the sound is pretty poor.

9. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I use it, not bothered about the sound. Though as I haven't played STALKER vanilla since it came out I can't say how much better it is :D

10. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Is there a way not to use the sounds then?

Just got stalker in steam sale, played it through when it first came out on a borrowed copy, so might give it a go with this.

11. dave_salmon

I think it would just be a case of renaming some files. I saw some one asking about the old scopes from the vanilla game and the answer was to rename all files named *file_name* and that would sort it.

To those who have played the mod:

How hard are snorks now? :jawdrop: They couldn't have been that difficult before...3 clips of 7.62 at close range only killed 1 of the 2 I was shooting at and 3 swipes from the remaining snork finished me off.....damn things. I may have to buy the desert eagle looking .45cal pistol and use it with the sawn-off while I'm in the bunker....

12. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Snorks are a bit of a pain, but as long as you headshot them you should be fine. Think of them as being like a much less lethal hunter from l4d2. What isn't fine is coming up from Agroprom Underground and finding yourself surrounded by 8 bandits. Took me several reloads to sprint through them without dying :D

13. dave_salmon

wtf? hahaha

It begins :

[​IMG]

It continues :

[​IMG]

The end :

[​IMG]

Dogs, rats, bloodsuckers and snorks. Friggin what? funny as hell though.

14. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

I play it, its excellent. I've completed it and am now on freeplay which is what I wanted all along!

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I bought Stalker and was really looking forward to going through it all until I saw how common the anomalies were, they were everywhere and made it pretty difficult to get around without having to take serious (in some cases) detours. It almost felt like being forced into taking particular paths.

16. '70CoronetR/T

'70CoronetR/T What's a Dremel?

Need.......Lost Alpha