1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Dishonored 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Krikkit, 13 Nov 2016.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Couldn't see a thread for this, anyone picked it up?

I've had to order a new graphics card to play, now being well below the minimum specs for the game, but having re-played the 1st one I'm rather looking forward to it. :D

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Want it for sure, but Civ VI and Splinter Cell pack means it can wait for the sale. Also I read performance is an issue so they'll work out the patches by then.
    What did you upgrade to?

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I want it, but I don't want it new graphics card levels of 'enough'.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I LOVED the first - and I generally hate single player games. That said - busy period at the moment so I'm gonna wait a few months.

5. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I also loved the first game, even the DLC was fantastic but I held off purchasing Dishonored 2 because:

A. I've been quite disappointed by recent sequels to excellent games
    B. Almost every game being broken, buggy or having performance issues on PC at release
    C. I am not really willing to basically gamble £30 with point A and B being more prevalent these days.

There is no good reason to pre-order or even buy games close to release these days, a sad but true fact in almost every case.

Still fingers crossed its decent once patched a few times!

Last edited: 21 Nov 2016
  6. Krikkit

Apparently performance is a problem, although my now-ancient 560Ti isn't even vaguely up to the job.

Went for a 1060 3GB in the end - I'm not going up to 4k for a long time, so this should tide me over for a few more years yet.

I was tempted to a 1050, but looking at the benchmarks the performance jump is worth £30-40 imo.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh for sure, you're getting 30% more shaders for 30-40 quid. Easy choice.

8. Krikkit

Well, whatever reservations I initially had about this game were totally blown away a couple of missions in... I won't spoil it, but there's some really fantastic level design in there. Well worth the wait!

Tags: