1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicholas Hawkins dead, but it can't be a hate crime...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by KayinBlack, 19 Feb 2016.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56c5ee8ae4b0b40245c945e6

So I knew this kid. And he was openly gay, and wouldn't hurt a fly. He was a joy to be around. Now he's dead for being who he was, but Alabama doesn't have a law defending sexual orientation so it's not a hate crime.

How could you not call this a hate crime? Shot in the head and dumped in the woods so his killer wouldn't be outed. Well, he failed at that, lol. We've started writing the ACLU and anyone else we can think of to try and get this recognized for what it is. I'm trying to get the truth out there.

I posted a few months back coming out as transgender, then issued a retraction. This is why. Same county I live in in 2016. I could literally die for being what I am. I'm forced to repress my true self until I can get to somewhere safer. Many of you enjoy freedom that I'll never know because of where I live and the fact that I can't easily afford to move on just disability benefits. I live in fear for my life, even though nobody knows. I just have to play along, and it's killing me.

One does not have to look to the Third World to find amazing injustice or people that live their lives in fear of being murdered all the time. We have it right here in my hometown.

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

The only living creature dumb enough to kill its own kin over stuff like sexual orientation or religion (*Sigh), and here I thought we were moving forward.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I think you said your friend took over your account did you not?
    Why issue a retraction if you're now going to come out again a few months later on the exact same forum?

Re the story, it would be good to have it classified as a hate crime, but I'd imagine a murder charge won't be a walk in the park on its own.

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Because there are people that live to expose people on forums and sell them out to homophobes around where they live. It's far less likely as this is a UK site, but I was scared. Now you know why I was. This happened less than thirty miles away. I just decided to be honest in his memory instead of hiding like I want to. However, here is about the only place I can be honest, thanks to where I live.