1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Bye Bye Micro Mart

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookie, 8 Dec 2016.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

https://www.facebook.com/micro.mart.mag/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

"It is with huge regret that we have to announce that Micro Mart, after 31 years & over 1400 issues, will be closing at the end of the year. The final issue of the magazine will be issue 1445, that goes on sale from December 29th. We're hoping to go out with a bang.

Sadly, it's tougher than ever to produce a weekly computer magazine such as ours, and time has finally caught up with us.

Thank you so much for everyone who's supported us over the years. We've had a hell of a ride. We're going to miss you all."

Last edited: 8 Dec 2016
  2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Another Dennis pub bites the dust.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sad times. Pre-FleaBay Micro Mart's classifieds was where I found most of my bargains. Atari 1040STe for £1, for a start. I've also had a fair few cover features in the mag myself, though not many 'cos the page rate was lower than average - though apparently not low enough to make a profit.

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

My Dad used to buy that for years. Think he was subscribed to it aswell for quite sometime.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

End of an era. :( **** you, 2016!

6. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Awwww ****! This magazine got me into computing! Loved it. Still bought the occasional copy :/.

2016 can go get royally ****ed!

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

7. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder