1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals I think my mouse is double clicking - how can I test it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GeorgeK, 12 May 2017.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I have a Logitech G700s which I bought on here nearly 4 years ago and I'm pretty certain that it's started double clicking when I'm only clicking once. I first noticed it at the weekend when I was editing some photos in lightroom and when I clicked a slider it reset it back to zero which normally requires a double-click. I've just noticed it again doing an online grocery order where I'm clicking an item once and ending up with multiples in the basket :wallbash:

Is there a definitive way of testing this?

Cheers

GK

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Watch something on youtube or netflix whilst clicking once every second on a file or folder. If it opens it's double clicking.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Simplest way to a definitive answer is to invert the functionality of left and right mouse button in software.

If it stops happening the left mouse button is f***ed.

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I'm pretty sure nothing but madness could come from inverting the left and right clicks.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Just for testing purposes, not for real use of course:D

6. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

There are various pieces of software for windows and linux, can't recall one off the top of my head, that will allow a user to capture mouse events. You could use one of these as a tool to detect how many click you are receiving.

Edit: I had one sitting my desktop :duh:
    GlovePIE, I use it to provide mouse look in old FPS. Not the best as it doesn't allow you to watch the actual events but you can hack it:
    Create a new script and paste the following in the window. Open a text editor of your choice. Click run in GlovePIE then change focus to the text editor (I tested it with Notepad++) and start clicking your mouse. you should see the letters "l", "m" and "R" appear after each click. Once done don't forget to stop GlovePIE.

Code:
    Key.L = Mouse.LeftButton
    Key.M = Mouse.MiddleButton
    Key.R = Mouse.RightButton

Last edited: 12 May 2017