1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Apple Keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mr.a2008, 4 Sep 2011.

1. mr.a2008

mr.a2008 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys.

Would there be any compatibly issues with the current Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse for windows as one of my friends would like to get them for his machine and just asked me if there is any issues as such!

Many thanks

Mr.a

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It will work, but be warned that the key and key label will be different on several keys.

First of all, Fn key is Fn key.. not insert. There is no insert key.
    I forgot, but the math key on the number pad area MIGHT be different.

Second, if I recall correctly the "clear" key will act as NumLock

The Alt and Windows key is on reverse. This might be annoying if he is used to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete

As for the mouse.. well it depends on which mouse.

3. mr.a2008

mr.a2008 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that Goodbytes!

I think he is going for the very new one. He just likes his Apple equipment but doesnt have the money to get a real Mac and so on!

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I seem to recall there's no PrintScreen Key either although there's various utilities that allow you to configure one.

5. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

I use the USB apple keyboard with my PC, works straight out of the box. Ive heard the wireless ones will also work if you have a bluetooth adapter. Yes a few of the keys are a little different, I suggest Sharpkeys for editing the keyboard layout. If you want the Fn key to work, you need to get hold of the bootcamp drivers, apple made windows drivers for the apple keyboards for when people install windows on their mac.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I use a Mac keyboard and it functions perfectly as it is... the only key I really miss is the Prt Scrn key (as Big Elf mentioned) but this is very easily sorted with a mac-to-windows auto hotkey script, or even more simply by using the on screen keyboard (recommended).

The disadvantage of using a mac-to-windows script is that the Alt key will be remapped to the Command key, as Goodbytes said, and it can get a little confusing. But when this keyboard packs in I'll be getting another one; absolutely love it.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the newer no-numpad keyboard doesn't have delete either. worst omission ever IMO.

i've used it with bluetooth adaptor a few times. works, but not ideal. doesn't work as well on my ipad either.... it is currently used for apple tv jailbroken with bluetooth stack, for web browsing.

8. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I have a mac keyboard its good piece of kit. Works fine. Only reason i got it as sometimes i use it with my laptop. Fn key sometimes is frustrating after changing tho!

9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

the " and @ are also the American way round [@ in above 2 and " is above '] which can be annoying if you're used to UK layout keyboards...

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Depends whether or not you look at the keyboard when typing (I don't, so it doesn't bother me) - most of us will have become accustomed to the @ being on the right hand and the " being above the 2, even if the keyboard doesn't say so.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

also, the mouse is a bitch to use. i've used friend's mighty mouse, where to right click, you have to physically lift up index finger. probably the same with magic mouse.

IMHO gaming gear are much, much better. Apple's mobile devices are nice, but their Mac line up is a total con.