1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Fan Control Software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by geoboy333, 11 Nov 2010.

1. geoboy333

geoboy333 Sometimes I say something bright...

Hi all

Recently as some of you may know i purchased a new case and fans.

as such i would like to know if any of you have any reccomendations as far as fan control sofware goes. I used MSI control center but that turn into a nuclear siren if the RPM goes below 900 :S

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

G

2. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Try checking your bios, there should be an option to turn off the alarms for the case fans. Do not turn off any alarms for your CPU fan though as it is really not worth the risk.

I think that may be your only option as it is generally not the software that controls alarms like that.

3. geoboy333

no it is trust me, its an MP3 in the programs files that goes off when it detects that the system fans are running too low.

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

A lot of software control programs are not quite what they should be. The only way to get total control over your fans is to go with a proper fan controller.

5. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Oh, wow, that's different. I would recommend find and deleting the file then, or just rename it if you just want to test it.

Or check through your running processes / services to find what exactly is causing the alarm then kill it.

6. geoboy333

@Akava yeah, different and annoying ;). When you delete the file it doesnt run properly and renaming has the same effect. I googled around and the only fix is to replace it with a silent MP3.

I already know what causes it.