1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cuda powered Encoder

Discussion in 'Software' started by gilljoy, 19 Apr 2011.

1. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Anyone know of any good programs that can encode dvd files using cuda? would make it a hell of alot faster than just using my i7 especially if im encoding HD movies

2. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

i've tried badaboom which is fast, but you have little control over any setting really, and it makes files that are much larger than needed. the ones from mediashow and cyberlink really suck more.
    i've heard good about mediacoder but haven't had a chance to try it yet, and unlike all of the other cuda transcoders above this ones free.

3. Deders

Deders Modder

ImTOO can use Cuda to speed things up, I've noticed that it won't use all my resources at once but it's entirely possible with my setup to encode up to 3 HD movies at once, at full speed with multi threading.

It's also very versatile, has a lot of codecs and settings to experiment with.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2011
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Freemake apparently does but I haven't tried it because it was demanding a driver update. Will try it out tonight actually as I forgot I updated on the weekend when I changed my graphics card \o/

Badaboom is ****. The quality is just crap and it's still limited by single-threaded performance on your CPU to decode the video!

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Apr 2011