1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Get a job at Asus UK

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 16 Nov 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

Carrie likes this.
  2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

£18k/year? since when did graduate roles start that low?

3. Kyndylan

Kyndylan What's a Dremel?

Since tens of thousands of graduates can't find any job at all...

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

Ideally suited to, not limited to. It doesn't take a graduate to carry those responsibilities, that salary sounds about right to me.

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

/me saddly looks at my 13k€/year netto sallary for programming job :D.

6. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

"which is in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire"

Lol...unless you already live there, anyone want to tell me how your supposed to afford anywhere to live in that part of the world on £18-22K..?

I suppose you could always take a tent and sleeping bag, and set up in the company car park..setting up tents on private land is in vogue these days..:))

7. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Wages in IT industry are not ideal at the moment as the UK customer base wants cheap cheap cheap driving down profits, and ultimately down the line wages for those in the industry.

8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

It's never right, considering I earn 2.5x that for driving a Tanker....But then I do have allot of responsibility!

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Just took a job for 14k 40 hour week , graduated this summer. I'm happy, its a job, one the lads on my course works 60 hours a week delivering pizzas for dominos and makes less money. Welcome to 2011

10. Fused

Fused Minimodder

For a non London based graduate job that doesnt sound so bad given todays climate. As someone pointed out above they may take a non graduate. Average starting salary to me seemed to be about £25k for graduates during my degree but I think its skewed alot by those who jobs are based in London or those in the finance sector.

I am pretty sure you could live off that salary fairly ok. Might be a bit tight depending on how you live your lifestyle but a job is better than no job

11. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Just because you have a degree, doesnt automatically give you the right to a 40k a year job.
    Had 3 people at work start within the last 6 months, 2 of them have a computer related degree, the other was an enthusiastic youngster just finished his A levels. 6 months later the one without a degree is by far better at his job than the other 2, just such a damn shame that the other 2 are being paid more because of their "degree". University is sooo overrated.

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

How do you work that out? Seems to me that allot of people know how to play the system, and live off US, the TAX payers.

Knowing how to play the system can result in you living in a large house, with a income of £30K PA in benefits.

And it's also these people that don't have to worry when they get old and get put in a nursing home, Because US as the TAX payer, will pay for it, As well as their funeral when they pass.

So US who pay the taxes get screwed over all the time. When we get old, we would have to sell our house to pay for the nursing home. Use are savings to pay for our funeral (Otherwise it will be left to the kids).

So no job is better than a job if you know how to play the system!

13. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Yowza. Screw physics, where do I train for that job? :D

14. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Bit Tech saying thanks to ASUS for spending a fortune in advertising on the site...

...since when did Bit Tech start running job ads for people?

"Turn your hobby into a career." <- yeah, sure, if your hobby is devising marketing plans :S

What a load of rubbish.

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

That's why some of us go to work and accept wages that barely keep us. Because we have a morale fibre left in our bodies.

There aren't as many benefit cheats out there as The Sun or The Daily Mirror would have you believe, definitely not so in contrast to those that need them to avoid homelessness and serious illness or even in severe cases starvation, yes it happens at home too because some people can't even work out the system the way it is supposed to be.

It is wrong though, very wrong. But you try catching them, sifting through hundred of thousands of 'possible' cheats costs money, and guess where that money would come from?

16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Well to start you would need to take your LGV Class 2(Rigid's), then your LGV Class 1(Artic's), A Full ADR course for In Tanks. (13 Exam papers). A Drivers CPC course (New Government ******** Scheme to give you a NVQ level 3...). Then You would need further training on the refinery's to prove you are a sensible and competent person. Then trained up to use the tankers. (PTO, Connecting, Disconnecting, Earthing, Fittings etc). Oh and you would need at least 2yrs experience in driving a LGV(HGV) before they would even consider you driving a Dangerous Goods Vehicle....So in reality its no different, than doing a degree, although, if the **** hits the fan, your either be prosecuted, or Dead!

(So glad there wasn't a Tanker in that M5 Crash. Cause that so called fireball, would have been tiny compared to a tanker exploding!).

17. maverik-sg1

maverik-sg1 Minimodder

You know some graduates think all of a sudden they are worth a mint becuase they can 'draw a pie chart' welcome to the real world my friends - get a job!!

Also look at the bigger picture, my cousin started with global company straight out of uni on a measely £15k a year, 10yrs on, shes now a VP of sales and marketing for the Asia Pacific region for that global giant earning a mint.

My point is that everyone has to start somewhere, the job is what you make it and the potential to grow by working within a globally recognised market leader is where ambitious people start at the bottom and through hard work and success, they progress through the ranks......... it's not rocket science, but this should be recognised as one such opportunity to start a career.

18. warejon9

warejon9 What's a Dremel?

I'm an undergraduate, and most of the graduate scheme jobs in my sector (Biosciences) are around 20k per year.

People saying university is overated, well it depends, if you go to a bad uni, do a bad course and expect to earn anything yea your an idiot. However a lot of good graduates do come out of decent universities. Also there is a lot of good research that comes from universities too.

19. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Totally with Canon.

As i have morals and am not prepared to join the come to uk claim benefits and let what tax payers are left to pay them.

As i decided to save a little money im entitled to Zero benefits If i pissed it up the wall and spent the lot etc etc then could claim allsorts. (work that logic out from the uk system).

I have been working a minimum wage job(although qualified) for 2 years now as a job is a job.
    Having too generally walk 4 hours a day 2 hours there and 2 hours back as the fares would eat too much into my wages.

But i dont want violins this is the way it is now.

So that Asus one dont look too bad atal to me.

The big plus for me though is im allowed wood for my pc build

20. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

18-22K...go kiss a duck Asus!

Tags: Add Tags