1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Threads?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Risky, 19 May 2017.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

I was wondering if it is good that this forum contains pretty much all the political discussion in two threads of hundreds of pages each. It perhaps makes it rather off-putting to forum members that have wandered in here an may feel they have ended up in a private discussion.

The threads could be renamed and the first posts have an edit to explain, but perhaps it's better is we go back to using new threads for new topics.

What do you all think?

2. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I understand your reasoning and when it comes to the Trump thread I agree, we could probably have a separate thread for his investigation and another one for mocking his constant winning and so on.

But with the brexit thread it is a bit more complicated:

Brexit is pretty much certain to remain a hot topic for years to come... so we wouldn't necessarily be talking about a handful of topics, but it would probably add up to page after page of Brexit topics and wouldn't that be more off putting than one big thread on it?

3. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Frankly, bit-tech doesn't have a high enough turnover of new comments to necessitate splitting them further. On most days its no more than a few posts, and when an argument kicks off it's no more than a few pages.

Keeping track of who posted what, where in relation to very similar and interrelated topics would just make things more confusing, if anything.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Personally i try, although probably not always successfully, to keep my post in those two threads on the subject of Trump and Brexit, no on cares about Hillary now and as Labour is a spent force without a hope of effecting the outcome it would be a waste of space talking about them.

It's difficult to stay on topic with issues as big as E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts, and Hilliary vs. Trump: The 2016 US Presidental Election as they're such all encompassing topics they touch aspects of everyone's lives so it could be difficult to say with certainty if someone was being OT.

5. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I think the 10 approval posts is always going to be the most off-putting aspect for new members. (I would still like to know how many accounts there are with more than say 3 posts and fewer than 10 that weren't also marked as spam accounts.)

I don't think splitting the threads will increase engagement on the forum. It will still just be the same few people posting in multiple threads rather than one.