1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other hi everyone gaming pc randomly shutdown

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by lynx96, 29 Nov 2012.

1. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

hi everyone my gaming pc has been shutting down randomly when i play a game on it and just when using general windows 8 (spec if needed) any help will be appreciated thanks

2. Silent_Raider

Silent_Raider What's a Dremel?

I would check your temps first. Download CPU-ID's Hardware Monitor here. Keep it running while you use your PC, and check on the temps every once in a while. Then post your maximum temps for your CPU, GPU, Motherboard, and RAM here.

Also, are you gettting BSOD or is it just shutting off?

I would also download the free Memtest86 and run this to check your RAM to make sure there is not any issues.

3. Strudul

Strudul ~

-Overclocking?
    -Drivers up to date?
    -PSU is powerful enough / high enough quality?
    -Overheating?

4. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

hi silent_raider I don't get bsod but it just shutsdown but any way on start up after sudden shutdown the CPU fan goes highly loud and nothing happens like boot up that's with fan controller plugged into PSU then when i shut it down i unplug fan controller and plug back into PSU and turn pc on it runs normally thanks but need help please this is very annoying problem

5. Silent_Raider

Can you clarify how your CPU fan is set up? Is it plugged into a fan controller, or plugged into the motherboard directly? You always want the CPU fan plugged into the designated port on the motherboard. This allows the system to control the fan speed appropriately for the temperature of the system.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Dude you need help writing sentences! I can't follow this at all. :eyebrow:

7. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

hi everyone i am now getting psu working with fan going loud but no beep at all please reply quick

8. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

hi everyone my power supply is not working still but when pluged in and turned on cpu fan works but very loud and no post beep and motherboard is not working at all any help will be appreciated thank

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Nothing's changed :lol:

10. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

hi silent_raider the cpu fan is pluged into the motherboard

11. lynx96

lynx96 What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone my power supply has stopped working but when pluged in and turned on CPU fan works but very loud. There is no post beep and the motherboard is not working at all. I cannot use my computer due to this any help will be appreciated thank

12. Silent_Raider

If your power supply had stopped working, the CPU fan wouldn't turn on at all.

Try unplugging everything from your PC except the following:

CPU
    CPU Fan and Heatsink
    1 stick of RAM
    Hard Drive
    Optical Drive

Reset the CMOS on your motherboard by removing the battery for 60 seconds, then replacing it. Try booting the system with only the above plugged in. Definitely make sure there are no USB devices plugged in. Try to use a non-USB keyboard. If you cannot, then use the USB keyboard.

If it posts, then here are some possible issues:

1. Your motherboard/BIOS settings were bad and the CMOS clear fixed it
    2. One of your RAM sticks/slots is bad
    3. One of your usb devices was causing an issue at boot
    4. Your GPU/PCI Express slot is bad
    5. Something happened with your power supply where it no longer can handle the load of your PC with everything plugged in

Please note that these are not the only things that could be wrong, just some of the more likely issues.

If you could provide a full list of your PC Components (Motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU, etc.) and some pictures of the interior of your PC, that might help people to better understand what is going on.