1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Motherboard RMA

Discussion in 'General' started by b1g-d0g, 13 Aug 2008.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Hi all
    Got a Foxconn Blackops motherboard 3 months ago from Yoyotech the board worked great and then it just would not post at all so ive sent it back to be tested,i phoned about 30mins ago and was told that the board was faulty and would need to be sent to Foxconn to be tested and in the meantime it will take 2 weeks,is this normal as i thought a shop covered your item for one year under faults and they would send out a new motherboard asap.

Thanks.

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Usually stores have 1 month, unless you purchase a "service plan" from the store. After that expires then you need to send it to the manufacturer.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

In Canada, teh store give you 15 days form the day of purchase, to return the product for your full money back. After these 15-days, there is another 15-days that the store can decide on the following: full money back, exchange or store credit.

After these 30-days, you have 90-days with the manufacture, then you go on the product warranty.
    RMA of 2 weeks, seams to be the standard. I know with ASUS they say 10-days, even if I wanted 30-days to get mine fixed. The time mentioned is incase they have a lot of RMA's. if they have nothing, they might ship it the next day (but you must be lucky).

4. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

That's normal. Most places don't send you a new replacement, you've got to wait for yours to be fixed. If one phone call was enough to get you an RMA number, you're actually doing pretty well. I've seen places that deliberately make the warranty process difficult in hopes that they won't have to do as many repairs.

Tags: