1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Watercooling Woes

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Lassar, 8 Feb 2012.

1. Lassar

Lassar Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Morning all,

So i decided to get my feet wet and I just built my first WC Loop and have a couple of questions.

Loop comprises a 120m Rad + A 240 mm rad 3x Gentle Typhoons (1850RPM @ 1600+ on Fan controller) a Apogee GTZ and a XSPC Res pump combo. Rads are Koolance not sure of the exact models as bought second hand.

All this is housed in a corsair 600T White case with the 240 rad in the top and the 120 in the back. The 240 rad has the typhoons pulling the air over the rad and out the case whilst the 120 has the typhoon pushing the air over rad and out the back. 1/2 3/4 Compression fittings and tubing.

All this is cooling my Intel i7 OC to 4ghz on 1.25 vCore.

I dont know if im doing something wrong but my temps are not much better than my Corsair H50? I idle at around 40c and peak at around 62-3c in BF3 Prime 95 Small FFT after 10 mins was 59-61c? (Hyperthreading disabled) im using arctic silver 5 and i know there is a 200 hour curing time. Ambient temp is around 17-19c (I like it cool in my house)

I was going to switch the roof fans around to intake but I was warned by the guy I bought the setup off that this would increase the temp in the case with no where for the hot air to vent? I was thinking of replacing the window panel with the mesh panel and adding a couple of exhausts?

Any theorys or is everything functioning as intended?

Cheers

Lassie

2. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

to get best performance it is always suggested that you have fans push air through the radiators rather than pull in a single sided setup.

To get the maximum performance you would need fans on both sides (pushing and pulling) and some fan shrouds spacing the fans away from the radiator to ensure even flow through it (dead spot are created if they are too close though most people just live with it).

3. Lassar

just reversed the fans on the top to intake.... means that there is just 1 120mm exhaust on the rear of the case. Case temp around 26-29c

4. Lassar

make that 34c with ambient of around 18-19c