1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One Xbox gets Tomb Raider sequel as exclusive title

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 13 Aug 2014.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

That's pretty shitty for those of us who enjoyed the tomb raider reboot on PC.

I did hear suggestion that it might be a timed limited exclusive, so maybe we'll see it on other platforms 9-12 month after xbox release.

Still leaves a bad taste though :/

3. davvy76

davvy76 Minimodder

Don't worry, as an early adopter with no games to play, I feel confident enough to say by the time Tomb Raider comes out the console will be selling for a fiver. Makes for an awesome tv remote though! :D

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

No more games from Square Enix for me then.

This still won't sell any more Xbox Ones for Microsoft, I only have mine for the Halo games and because the people at work I play games with, only game on Xbox One.

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It won't be exclusive for ever, just for the holiday 2015, 6 months later we'll get the definitive edition on other platforms, this is square enix, they like making money, MS would of had to have bought the company for complete exclusivity.

6. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

Hard to believe that Crystal Dynamics are prepared to lose a lot of money by limiting the game to one platform unless MS have paid them an awful lot of money to do so and even though I have been a TR fan since TR1 it won't tempt me to buy an xbone :nono:

7. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Yes, definitely not a timed exclusive... Where did I hear that before? *cough*Dead Rising 3*cough*

Not that I really care about the game. Absolutely hated the TR reboot, and I bet the sequel won't be that different.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Crystal Dynamics will do as they are told, Square Enix will have made this decision and I assume Microsoft fronted up enough money that Square Enix feel they can turn a profit on total sales of around or slightly less than a million copies.

Of course, being Square Enix they could be expecting to somehow sell more than the Tomb Raider reboot on a single platform, it wouldn't be the daftest business decision they've ever made...

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum