1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Lords of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 16 Aug 2014.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ordinarily I don't pay much heed to games with a fantasy setting. I just don't dig the whole thing as it seems way too 'geeky' (says a guy who spends most of his free time playing games / tinkering with his PC / swearing when aforesaid tinkering results in needing to re-install Windows). I've tried to get into Skyrim and Dragon Age but I always end up drifting away to something that has plasma cannons, chainsaws and random swearing in. The ONLY fantasy game I have genuinely enjoyed is Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on the PS2. I haven't played Dark Souls but I've seen my brother play it and the lack of a coherent story is a turn off for me.

So having said all that, Lords of the Fallen looks as though it could be the second fantasy based game I might enjoy.

Official game site

Cool Trailer:

Gameplay:

So what features does this game appear to have?

• VERY pretty
    • Satisfying combat
    • Blood and gore
    • Loads of inventory options for your character, speaking of which...
    • Player character looks like a badass
    • Huge weapons
    • Huge shields
    • Huge enemies
    • Kickass soundtrack
    • Tits

And what does it not appear to have?

• Typical fantasy speech b*ll*cks straight out of a Shakespeare play
    • Elves
    • People with bloody annoying personalities who need their village to be saved
    • Some tw@ playing some sort of flute with people dancing to it
    • An in-game encyclopedia containing many entries that quite frankly can go eff themselves

At this point people are probably going to tell me to play the God of War series but I'm a PC player through and through (or at least I have been for several years now). Anyway, lets see how it pans out.