1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Toshiba recalls burn-hazard Satellites

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by julieb, 3 Sep 2010.

1. julieb

julieb What's a Dremel?

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

It's kind of irritating. Because they won't cause any major damage to any customers property (Something I'd love to do with some customers), but I'll doubtlessly have to deal with it anyway.

Curses.

3. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Yet another reason why my next computer will be a desktop again. Can't stand the crappy cooling of laptops, there just isn't enough space.

4. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

this was not an cooling issue, power pack is faulty making the socket get hot.

5. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

At least Toshiba have acknowledged it, whether these can slip out of warranty before people realise and try to return them. I know HP Laptops have heat issues on their their Nvidia GPU's and wouldn't honour a repair out of warranty, even though it is clearly a design flaw.

I know that power and GPU heat problems aren't strictly related, but it does highlight some failings in designing a suitable chassis with enough thermal convection to dump excess heat out of the little lap warmers.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Cue the Apple bashing --oh, wait... :worried:

7. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Get outta here, troll! :p

If I were an owner of one of the laptops in question I'd want more than just a free repair/replacement under warranty for my trouble, especially with an issue as serious as this.

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

This is why I stick with ASUS laptops and not the crap versions sold at Best Buy.

9. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

My laptop did that, but because I accidentally dropped it during a sneezing fit and it landed on the plug! It does now appear to have entirely stopped charging which is a little worrying...

10. hellkeeper6

hellkeeper6 What's a Dremel?

when i first saw the title of this article i was imagining a space shuttle mission to fix some Toshiba satellite in space :-s

I'm seriously underwhelmed.

Tags: Add Tags