1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Corsair 650D X79 project planning

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mizugetsu, 24 Aug 2012.

1. Mizugetsu

Mizugetsu What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone I'm gonna get to the point I'm upgrading my system in September to a X79 based system here's the spec I have planned

Intel i7 3930K
    Asus Rampage IV extreme
    Corsair Dominator 1600mhz 32gb
    Corsair FORCE 3 240gb x2 SSD
    Nvidia 690 GTX
    Corsair AX850
    Corsair 650D

Now the reason I would like to solicit advise from you fine people is I'm gonna mod a 360mm Rad and a 240mm Rad into the case and wondered if they could provide sufficient cooling to the major components CPU GPU MoBo RAM also may be running single loop with dual 18w DDC pumps other wise dual loop with CPU RAM MoBo on one and the GPU on the other

Last edited: 22 Feb 2013
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

They will be more than enough, yes.

I'd say go dual loop if you can and its not too tight, but you won't see that greater difference in performance/stability.

3. Mizugetsu

I might see what happens with just one pump at the mid point of the case then see if the flow is where I want it if not 2 pumps in serial

4. Mizugetsu

Sorry for double post but I figure new question in this thread better than new thread all together

So looking at pictures of the corsair on the forums of corsair site someone did some pretty in depth pictures and I figure I'll have the end result if I de-rivet the top panel from the case this will allow me I would think easy access to the Hot swap bay in the top also is there anyone who has de-riveted this case and what kind of success did you have pictures if you have any

5. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Double post in this fashion is ok, nobody is going to kill you for that. But we do have some grammar nazi's, so I advice you a minimum on punctuation :)

As for the derevetting: haven't done this specific case, but usually it's fairly straigthfoward. Just don't put too much force where it isn't needed:)

6. Owndapwn

Owndapwn What's a Dremel?

7. Mizugetsu

Yeah I did mean the 3930k do I need to change that, also the 680 subject is now mute anyway since Scan.co.uk has started offering the 690gtx at 779.99 so I think I'll go that root in the end.

8. Mizugetsu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for bumping an old dead thread with a still as yet unfinished BUILD but i wanted to show that a 650D can take a EK 360 XT RAD in the roof and still fit X79 board

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Sweet! Any internal shots?

10. Mizugetsu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not pretty but certainly effective GPU even running CRYSIS3 never gets above 38 and CPU at 4.6ghz never more than 41

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Mar 2013