1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i7 3770K - Overclocked

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by chin913, 5 Dec 2012.

1. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

How do folks just built a 3770K running @ 4.4 with 16 gig ram 120 gig ssd and a old gtx 285 , running windows 7 ult ..
    Running the new v7 version with passkeys...Any tips for a old folder :)

ps some pics on twitter :) https://twitter.com/i/#!/chin913/media/grid

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Sounds like you've got it all covered!

3. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Cheers doq ,pc has been up and running for a couple of weeks now , 1st few days of folding and the score wasnt what I was expecting. I know you used 2 get a bonus with the old client I used to run years ago after 10 worl units were submitted.As I havent folded in a few years does this me I still wont get a bonus or do I have to resumitted 10 new results with the new v7 ?? And do you still have 2 change the exe to -smp to pick up big work units...Sorry been out of it in a while ...

4. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

If you are using the same name for folding as before, with the same passkey, then you should get the same bonuses that you already qualified for.

With the v7 clientn, the gui automatically sets you up with an SMP and a GPU client (unless you told it not to). You shouldn't need to do anything else unless you want beta work or anything else that is not standard.

5. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Cheers for the info ..like I said the passkey is the same as it was many moons ago ...Been running Boinic for the last week on it and all seems stable so now to have a go at some folding :) ..Not sure what kind of points it will make but every little helps I guess ...
    Picked up Project 7610 estimated tpf is 4 mins 30 secs base credit is 788,estimated is 5328.30,estimated ppd is 16987.63 but I have been using for other stuff aswell during this project ...

6. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Chin913 - The points sound about right if you've been doing other 'stuff' as well.

7. chin913

chin913 忍び So say we all

Well the pc has been left pretty much alone all day as I have other pressing matters to atend to but on return home looking @ http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=35947 it was showing 30,061 for 24 hours...just on the cpu turned the gpu off as it's rather old my 285 and dont wanna kill it..Not bad as when I was last folding hard all machines together in sli ect on quads were only just getting this...Unreal after a few years how far it's come...Me think I may have to build me another one ...How naughty would that be :)