1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Far Cry 3 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Nov 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. alecamused

alecamused Minimodder

Tempting review, thanks :)

Will the enemy ai still smell you from 300 meters? And hear you shoot an air-rifle from an even greater distance?

3. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

i still dont know, most professional reviews of FarCry 2 was awesome and for me one of the worst boring games of all time! i am south african, and i could hardly understand the characters speak! too fast, so read through all dialogue.

every two seconds some enemy van comes around that u must shoot down and enemy camps respawn just going over the hill after u kill them. saves was ridiculous, at the end ...

the damn jackal u "hunting" then just teams up with u and walks one way, u walk another. game over!

and snippets of this is visible in this game. hope its just learning curves and experience that is showing and not just copy and paste. the black guy's voice is the same as far cry 2, fire of cos, healing animation also in and the check points save for consoles forced upon PC's im sure.

im so hoping they bring back parts of Far Cry 1, before the mutant parts.

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Nov 2012
  4. Jezzafool

Jezzafool What's a Dremel?

The first Far Cry was one of my all time favourite games, Far Cry 2 on the other hand was the most disappointing, boring and frustrating game I have ever played.
    I am looking forward to this one, but I am very apprehensive and this review has not really re-assured me as some of what you said has made me shiver with terrible memories of 2.
    Here's hoping that I enjoy it.
    P.S. @Griffter before the mutants with 1 were just fabulous :).

5. Griffter

yes!!! before the mutants u could just take out bases from any angle, the true nature of an open world FPS, and could even skip some basis to get to the objective if u dared trudging through he jungle and or ocean! crysis 1 had alot of that as well. the reviews of far cry 2 left me not trusting my go to guys for future far cry games.

pls pls dont let there be random firefights on the road, its stops the player from planing on how to approach the targets by walking around and finding spots to snipe from, scared u could run into random patrols.

6. Griffter

btw Joe... i think i asked u before.. u my fav and noticed that the word "hyperbole" is ur favourite word? :)

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Text speak meltdown...

8. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Aside from Far Cry 2 being one of the worst games I have ever played...which is pretty much enough to put me off the sequel altogether. Does anyone know what DRM Ubisoft are laying at the feet of PC players for FC3?

9. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Wanted to thank you bit tech for the happy B-day email :D

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Not really, I just feel it sums up a lot of the games media these days.

'Serendipitous' or 'Palindromic' would probably be my favourite word. Or 'Lunch'.

#WordsJoeKnows

Waynio likes this.
  11. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

the score doesnt match the text - this must be another rubbish reviewer

12. Griffter

from the last statement ubi released like a month back or so, they said they will be dropping their drm strategy... but u never know with all these corrupt games businesses. dropping it maybe means the always online drm only. but their statement was all their future games will be drm free. more likely the anunnaki will be coming back in december than that happening me thinks.

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

through? ;)

Still haven't played FarCry 2 despite it being on my Steam list for quite a while (Hell, I only played FarCry 1 until the Mutants (Trigans?) showed up).

14. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

"exploration of it's content"

Exploration of it is content? Wut?

I'm sure it's just a typo. I HOPE IT WAS JUST A TYPO, because the alternative is UNTHINKABLE.

/Grammar Nazi

15. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Reviewed by a schizophrenic apparently.

I'm looking forward to it

16. Griffter

grammar nazi hahahahahaaha

17. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I want to believe, but after the rave reviews Far Cry 2 got and how bad it actually was I'm going to wait for more user reviews.

18. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

Punctuation fascism aside, I enjoyed this review - the idea of setting lions on people is the kind of thing that can make a game memorable. In fact, come to think of it, it's the kind of thing that (the lack of) made Crysis unmemorable.

FC2 was fun in places, but yeah - seriously flawed. If they've fixed the more glaring faults from 2 then this could well be worth a look.

19. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

"This is more True Lies than Taken."

Is Taken being held up as some kind of exemplar of plotting and character development, now? Or is Far Cry 3 really that shallow that even Taken seems deep in comparison?

20. pucpop

pucpop What's a Dremel?

this could be a fun game

Tags: Add Tags