1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing settings help!

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by MarkVarley, 10 Sep 2015.

1. MarkVarley

MarkVarley Minimodder

Until I watercool my new 290x I need to exclude it from my folding (because my other gpu's physical position means the airflow is terrible), can anyone tell me how I can run my CPU and one of my GPU's? I can use the slider to exclude both GPU's but that leaves me with really low numbers, a quick googleing didn't help so hopefully someone here can give me some instructions?

2. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Hi there,
    If you leave the slider on max (assuming you are on the v7.4.4 client), go into the 'Configure' menu and choose the 'Slots' tab - you can now see all the slots that are active. Depending on what you have active now, Add/Delete as necessary to give yourself one CPU slot and one GPU slot.

3. MarkVarley

MarkVarley Minimodder

Thanks for that, I'll take a look this weekend.
    My waterblock has arrived but I need to identify a crashing problem so I can be sure it's not the GPU before I fit the block and (most likely) void my warranty. :wallbash:

4. MarkVarley

MarkVarley Minimodder

I never did manage to fiddle those settings but as I've now solved the problems I was having (I hope) I'm back to folding again with my 7870-OC and my new 290X 8GB. It seems like I was stalled in the 7mil's for months. (I'm mentioned as hitting 7mil. In the October issue of Custom PC but I'm sure there was a delay of a few weeks between passing a million mark and the magazine mentioning it).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Mark - glad to hear you are running again.
    Yep, there is quite a lag between current stats and those printed in the mag - it's related to the monthly publishing schedule for the mag.