1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Smartphone users!

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowed_fury, 9 Jul 2010.

1. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

What you got?

What OS does it run on?

Fave uses?

Battery life?

I recently, 3days ago, got a HTC desire on contract. Lovely phone, but I feel a bit clueless. Any feel users of similar got anything to throw at me and me go ooooh wowzor!
    Also, battery life for mine at the moment seems like, 1day and a half ish before it needs juice. Is this good? :D

2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Nokia E71x

Symbian S60 3rd Edition FP2

Emulator for GB, GBA, SNES, and NES.

2 Days with moderate usage. Texting, internet, games. If I didn't use it, the battery would last for a weekish.

I used a HTC Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) for a while. Used whatever ROM I put on it, I ended up with the Energy Titanium (Windows 6.0). I used it for web browsing, emails, and a few games. It barely lasted 1 day on a charge. It was just to big, and the OS wasn't what I wanted.

3. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

I've got the same as you Shadowed_fury, had it for a few weeks. I've found the battery life is similar to yours, but i charge mine every night so it's a non issue.

I'd recommend you get a couple apps, first off is 3g watchdog, very nice lets you keep tabs on your usage and save any nasty bills. Second is battery indicator, gives information like percentage of life, health and temperature. Last but not least is Advanced task killer free, it will save you alot of battery life.

One thing i've discovered is there is a notifications menu to be found if you drag your finger from the black line at the top of the screen down.

Shadowed_fury likes this.
  4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Personal phone: iPhone4 - love the camera and media player - solid battery life
    Work supplied: Nexus One - GMail is GODLY on the phone - battery life is slightly inconsistent imo

Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who have to carry around 2 phones. Both have their ups and downs. No joke, I once had a dream where both phones merged into one, I woke up with a slight chubby.

5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

iPhone 3GS running ios4. Battery is crap but not a major problem as I have a charger in my work as well as an incar charger in my work van so never run out completely. To be honest I don't see myself owning anything other than iPhones for the forseeable future, I love them.

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Great start guys, Edge, cheers for the heads up! Will check those apps out :)
    I'm used to having a dire phone tbh, I just thought, why not get something with a bit of zoom zoom :p

7. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

My proper phone is HTC touch Pro 2, but it's away for a new screen after I dropped it ><

As a phone I really like it, XDA developers gave loads help for messing about with the roms and. Currently running a custom ROM of windows 6.5. I've added loads a software.
    Runs tomtom great, also have a great cycle computer, gives waypoint and speed/altitude and stuff.

While that's away I've borrowed my Brothers Nokia N900, which is some form of Linux (maemo, based on debian)
    The phone is well speced, but I don't like it.
    Not as many apps, the slide out keyboard isn't as good.
    but 32Gb of flash amd 5MP carl zies camera are good.

I'd rather have the touch pro 2 though.
    Should be back soon, (please)

8. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

HTC touch diamond 2

winmo 6.5 custom rom flashed though so its actually usable rather than being unresponsive and laggy like it origionalyl was with an official upgrade htc released.

with this new rom the battery life has been improved greatly, looks like it lasts about 2-3 days.

9. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Palm Pre

WebOS 1.4.1 - Love the OS on it. It's great for holding multiple email accounts - hotmail, facebook and exchange on it. Good apps available, but not the same volume of apps that an iPhone / Android phone would have

Battery life is poor - I can get a day out of it with moderate usage, so it needs charging every night

10. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

What you got? Toshiba TG01

What OS does it run on? Windows Mobile 6.5

Fave uses? SCUMMVM + other Emus and runs TomTom nav very well for long journeys

Battery life? Mmm, about a week standby but about 6 hours talktime / satnav without a charger or car cord. Not great.

11. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Nokia 6220 Classic.

Symbian s60 3rd Eidtion

Taking pics, since this has quite decent camera.

2-3 days in active use, almost a week when not used.

12. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Nokia E71x also. Hate some of the things ATT have done to it. But a great all around phone, besides web browsing.

13. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

What you got - Motorola Droid on Verizon

What OS does it run on - Android 2.1, waiting on the update for 2.2

Fave uses - Emails and texts, mobile internet, and I play the helicopter game to pass the time.

Battery life - 1 day if I text/email on it fairly frequently, if I play games or make a lot of phone calls it has to be charged by 5.

14. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Nokia N95
    Symbian S60 3rd
    Favorite use is the camera as nothing else has worked in a good while
    Battery life.. Well now usable, last time I used it was 12 hours or until the first call

Currently on backup:
    Sony-Ericsson P800
    UIQ 2 (/Symbian v7.0)
    Calling and texting people, playing Lemmings.
    Battery life is about a week.

15. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

So am I right in thinking all smartphones last a day on battery??

My current phone is non-smart and tbh atm I prefer that. I can browse some websites (depending on size and mobile optimization) I have Facebook if I need it (which I really shouldn't) and a pretty good camera (for a phone).

Lasts 2/3days and I talk A LOT on the phone. Current contract is for 2200 minutes AND unlimited landlines. I'm not sure a smartphone would keep up with me :(

Was keeping an eye on Android and considering getting onboard around Gingerbread time perhaps....

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah a day of battery life is "normal" these days. I can't really tell when it all changed (well after year 2002 apparently as that's when my SEP800 is made). IMO it's just awful BS, I hate finding the charger every night, but apparently most people just don't mind.

17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I have an iPhone 3G running iOS4. The battery lasts about 2 days with regular use, and just like M7ck I have a cable at work and at home for all my charging needs.

I can't say that I have any favorite apps. I use the iPod function quite a lot while I'm working, and I routinely use the New York Times, NPR, and BBC World News apps when I'm waiting around for something. If we ever have a long wait at a restaurant or other location, and if my daughter starts to get antsy (as 2 year olds often do), I can hand her the phone and let her go to town on the fish pond or a crayon app.

18. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Another Desire here, had it since release and can squeeze a couple of days out of the battery fairly easily. It is pretty inconsistent though, might only last a day sometimes.

Layar is pretty cool for showing off.

19. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

What you got? HTC Desire

What OS does it run on? Android 2.1 (2.2 on the way!)

Fave uses? Photos, web browsing, Listening to music, checking the news (rss feeds from my favourite sites), Email, texts, shopping & gaming.

Battery life? 1-2 days depending on how much I hammer it and whether or not I run live wallpaper for show.

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Phone: HTC HD2 (Leo)
    Favourite Use: Other than phone calls/texts, as a media player. Having unlimited Internet on my contract is pretty useful as well.
    Battery Life: Running music all day will use about 30% battery and videos will eat about 60-65%, so the battery lasts about 3-4 days for me on average before needing a recharge (depending on what I'm doing with the phone).