1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Sage CRM 7.2 - Exchange Intergration

Discussion in 'Software' started by T2I3M, 22 Mar 2014.

1. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

Hello All,

I have very recently installed Sage CRM 7.2 as we are looking to migrate/upgrade to the system from a much older version of sage, and I am stuck at the first hurdle. Exchange Intergration.

I believe I have taken the steps required in the setup guide, but i just cannot figure this out. When I try to add a new connection the onscreen error reads "The sync engine is checking to see if the exchange web service is available. Please wait ..." Then the red cross shows. When I browse to the URL i have entered in the web service URL field i am asked for a username and password, i enter our domain admin username and password and I see the xml. I am using these credentials to setup the exchange intergration at the moment.

My manager discovered (by a simple spelling error) that entering exhange rather than exchange in to the web service URL seems to get you past this check but then fails at the next one anyway. I just dont get it at all!!

The environment consists of a windows 2012 x64 server running on vmware 5.0. I have the 32bit and 64bit odbc drivers installed as this will be pointing to an oracle database. This is installed internally so no firewalls should be in the way, and I have disabled windows firewalls. No anti virus is installed on the system.

I appreciate any help with this.

t2i3m

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Which version of exchange are you running?

3. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

we are running exchange 2010 SP2 no rollups.

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

What authentication methods are you using on the EWS virtual directory?
    Might need basic auth enabled for it to work

5. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

we have basic, windows and anonymous authentication enabled on the directory.

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Do you have a proper cert installed & Outlook anywhere working?

7. T2I3M

T2I3M Minimodder

we do have a cert installed and outlook anywhere is working.

I am going to try a full reinstall of the server and CRM over the next couple of days. I can only assume I have missed some configuration steps somewhere along the line.

8. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

have you got sage support and tried calling them? they might be able to fix it quickly for you?