1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards LED Debugger Covers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Speed, 19 Jul 2015.

1. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Hi Guys,

Anyone else been on the lookout for some sort of LED Debugger cover? Bit specific I know but it can't just be me that they annoy? Why they can't turn off when the system boots into Windows I don't know, but with my dislike for all things LED is made worse when the case has a window'd side panel.

I usually leave them uncovered until they annoy me and then cover them with black electrical tape. However has anyone else found any little rubber / plastic covers the right size that you can buy? I've searched and can't find anything purpose made but is there anything the right size that can be repurposed? Something that'll look a bit more professional that black electrical tape?

I guess if not the other option is to get something made via a 3D printer but seems a little bit excessive. I'm particular but not to that sort of level.... honest! :thumb:

Thanks,

Mark

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Stick some black Sugru over the top of them?

3. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

See LightDims.

Or try dark fingernail polish. You don't want to totally block the light as you may need them for diagnostics some day.

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Could be an option, shall have a look at it.

Don't want to use anything that will be hard to remove, ie nail polish. Light Dims might be an option if I can source them in the UK.

5. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

AsRock motherboard LED Debugger' switch off after boot, what board manufacture is yours?

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Asus. They all should really, or have some sort of option to turn them off. Something like a jumper that removes the power, that way if you get issues, you can just change the jumper back and see what the code is.

Shall get the calipers out later and measure it.