1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Multiple BSOD

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ccxo, 15 Nov 2014.

1. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Have had quite a few bsods with the system, it started while playing BF4 back in June, a series of about 6 bsods which manged to remove the gpu drivers and roll back the bios to version 0.

More bsods and sytem freezes continued to occur, i had removed the gpu drivers using driver sweeper and installed fresh copies but it was removed again.

pfn list corrupt 0x4e
    bad-system-config-info stop 0x74
    irql_not_less_or equal 0x0a
    driver is mismanaging system ptes 0x0a
    irqal not less or equal 0xd1
    memory management 0x1a
    fltmgr.sys 0x7e
    system service exception ox3b
    system service exception 0x3b x2
    stop 0x24
    irql not less or equal 0x0a
    page fault in non paged area 0x50
    preference by pointer 0x18

About September i bought a new ssd and did a fresh install of windows from a old iso disc- the system would not install from a usb iso of win7 64 sp1- the ssd is the only storage.

I did smell a burning smell which a friend suggested it might be the psu, so i swapped it over for a old Hyper type-r 730w.

I then started to get similar bsods, while updating windows- some would be on start up while others would happen while i was on the desktop updating drivers and windows.

pfn_list corrupt 0x4e
    memory mangement ox1a
    stop 0x7f
    memory management ox1a
    pfn list corrupt 0x4e
    system service exception 3b
    memory mangement ox1a
    pfn list corrupt 0x4e

I turn on the pc yesterday as i had not touched it since September and it booted fine into windows with 1 stick of ram and while i was running a virus scan i had this bsod

driver_irql_not_less or equal 0xd1, bsod viewer linked this to direct x.

I rebotted and added the other 2 sticks of ram and the system was fine, i ran heaven media to stress test the gpu and it was fine.

I turned on the rig today and had this bsod at boot- pfn list corrupt 0x4e.

I have tested the ram with memtest 64, on each individual stick and with them all together twice and their are no reports- i have not run it for 24 hours.

The bsods that bluescreen viewer records are always ntoskrnl.exe, i do not have any spare ram to try and a old 8800gtx i could swap with- im thinking the issue is the mobo.

System spec:
    i7 920 no oc
    Asus P6X58D-E
    6 gig ocz ddr3 1333
    Asus 5870 1 Gig
    Crucial MX100 250
    Corsair HX850 (Currently replaced with a Hyper R-730)

Any options worth trying, as i am considering starting from scratch and just keeping the ssd.

thanks

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

You could start by running chkdsk /f

Quite a few of those errors suggests disk problems.

3. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Got into windows and had explorer.exe and ccc.exe both stop working then a bsod of
    0x7e system thread exception

Bluescreen viewer listed the problem as: HTTP.sys+48280 & ntoskrnl.exe+2437a0

Restarted and started windows as normal, ran chkdsk f on the ssd and it was clear, also download malyware bytes but that was clean and anti virus of eset was clean as well.

Windows desktop did crash as well but it restarted.

Two more bsods:

0xfc (An attempt was made to execute to noexecute memory)

bluescreen view list: atikmad.sys / dxgkrnl.sys / dxgmms1.sys / ntoskrnl.exe

0x1e kmode_exception_not handles (was status_access_violation)

blue screen view list ntoskrnl.exe

Last edited: 15 Nov 2014
  4. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Could it be the RAM that is causing the bothersome BSOD issue?..

I only found this out because I swapped them out for another set due to a suspicion and after painstakingly running my PC on these twitchy RAM for weeks that caused me so much hassle in the my games or online YouTube / video streaming ( within all the browsers I use ) and even on the Windows desktop to crash or freeze, but now my PC is finally back to normal and hopefully stable, however I dread to think what chaos this has done to my other existing hardware and components such as the SSD / HDDs...

Well, hope you get this sorted!.. :thumb:

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Run mem test.

Tri channel memory is vulnerable to problems of this nature.

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I have run it twice with all the sticks and with each stick individually no errors appeared, im a bit reluctant to spend 60-80 on a new set of ram when their are no errors.

7. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I'm thinking possible HDD on the way out or dodgy ram. If you have a spare HDD try installing windows on that, or if not create a partition on one and install windows. If it all runs fine reinstall windows on the SSD, if it plays up you will know its that. If it start BSODing with a different HDD then chances are it's the RAM. I have seen it many times where RAM will pass memtest and still be at fault.

Doing it this way , although long winded, it's free and can point you in the right direction.

8. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Thats what i though with my original 1tb hdd, i used seatools etc to check the drive and could not find anything. I bought a new ssd and 1tb hdd and have installed windows but am still getting the bsods.

Ile post in hardware regarding ram.

9. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Had a few more bsods today, first on boot up with 'Bady_system_config_info 0x74, i ran sfc/scannow and their was one item that could not be repaired- turned out it was wmpnetwk.exe.

The second bsod was caused by atikmdag.sys, page_fault in nonpaged area 0x50. I removed and reinstalled the latest ati driver and so far nothing aside from getting horizonital white and blue lines across the screen.

Temps on the gpu are 30-40 idle and i am running heaven media benchmark with the gpu at 70 and no problems so far.

Desktop manager and task manager also both stopped working, restarted fine but odd why they would crash.

Edit, just exit the unigine benchmark and their is a fatal error- any ideas?

HeapChunk::deallocate(): memory corruption detected.
    begin: 0x00000a30 0x131c3c1f
    end: 0x00002a60 0x01fof1cd
    size: 00000a40 00000a34

Last edited: 20 Nov 2014
  10. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It could be that the motherboard is starting to show its age, and it's dying, or the CPU side is starting to show its age and is dying (more so the IMC).

Those errors seem to relate to one of three possible things to me, motherboard, CPU or RAM. The constant RAM errors would indicate one of those three to me.

It could also be that the VRAM is starting to die. That's the only other option, I'd say.

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The system has been quite stable, i had the system idle and just had the screen go white with broken lines, nothing running.

Cpu is at 40c- max was 61c, gpu 39-42c, so no signs of overheating and the side fan is off the case as well.

Is the vram is on its way out?

If i replace both the mem and gpu, only leaves the cpu/mobo/case and psu (corsair has been making noise), prehaps its worth replacing the lot.

Edit, just had the screen go again as above, i have swapped my 5870 for a old 8800gtx, see if the issues continue.

Just got a bsod: page fault in nonpaged area ox50 (ntoskkrnl.exe nvlddmkm.sys), i removed the ati driver-restarted and installed the latest driver for the 8800gtx- gpu is sitting at 66c atm.

Last edited: 23 Nov 2014