1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus Republic of Gamers Interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 31 May 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Why is there a picture of an MSI board in the article?
    [​IMG]

Shirty likes this.
  3. Kodongo

Kodongo What's a Dremel?

Interesting article. For me, the ROG Gene series sits perfectly on the intersection of price and performance. I am currently using a Maximus IV Gene-Z and the amount of options you have for a £130 motherboard is astounding. Apart from spacing for CrossFire, this board has pretty much everything else with respect to its bigger brothers.

4. Asouter

Asouter --------

Thanks. I've always wondered who was behind ROG. Is there any plans for a ROG Itx board ?

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

PR Fail. :lol:

6. The_Crapman

bombastic blunder!

7. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I also have the Maximus IV Gene-Z and love it. I went from my HUGE full tower case down to MicroATX and I love the space savings without losing any power.
    If they made a ITX board id think REAL hard about "down sizing" again. The only draw back would be no SLI but with as powerful as single GPUs are now I think I could live with one card.

8. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

It was more for the LN2-ness than Asus-lip service - LN2 overclocking isn't specific to Asus boards after all.

However, fixing.

9. The_Crapman

Sorry. To quote my own Bio "i am a complete pedantic cock." :D

10. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

"We’d quite like to overclock our smartphones sometimes!"

I overclock mine already, HTC Desire from 998mhz to 1.17Ghz & HP Touchpad from 1.2Ghz to 1.73Ghz. There is plenty of overclocking software around for android devices, not sure about apples, berries or windows though.

11. MickyTek

MickyTek What's a Dremel?

I brought an Asus Striker II extreme ROG motherboard and ended up buying 4 replacments, this mother board has been the biggest pile of **** I have waisted my money on and I will never ever go near another Asus Motherboard ever again because of this pile of crap.
    Gigabyte is the way forward and they now have my undevided loyalty, Never ever will I ever touch or go near anything with Asus written on it ever again.
    Do not be sucked in by their sales rubbish, Asus and Rog have promised so much and come up with nothing but crap.
    Speak to any person who purchased the Striker II extreme and they will al tell you the same, even my suppliers who provided me with the motherboard in Totenham court road nearly dropped Asus because of this motherboard and its pdesign faults that were never addressed by Asus. RIP Asus you lost your customers and at this rate will lose even more.

12. The_Crapman

I've got an Striker II NSE which is essentially the same board. It is quite finicky but using the latest extreme bios I haven't had any problems that weren't my own doing. I know that a lot of people have had problems with this board, but reading the forums quite a bit of it seems to be people using memory that isn't supported or dicking around with things they didn't understand (not saying that's what happened in your case btw). Generally speaking, play nice with it and it will play nice with you.

Tags: Add Tags