1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Steelcase Leap Chairs

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeK, 11 Apr 2014.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Morning all

My old argos special desk chair is finally getting to the point where I can't stand it any more and so I've been having a look at the 2nd hand Steelcase Leap chairs that you can pick up on ebay for not that much money but I have some questions.

Does anyone on here have one? How do you find it? What version do you have? From some research I think that there's a V1 and a V2 and that the V1 comes in two different models - one that has a sliding seat and one that doesn't.

Thanks in advance!

GK

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I have one.
    It's the V1 with a sliding seat I believe, in brown leather. (Ex-Lehman Brothers no less :) )

I really like it.
    You can just feel the huge step up in build quality from cheap high street models. It
    feels like it will last forever in the home environment. It's pretty heavy though. I needed I chair mat to make it glide nicely and stop it from destroying my carpet (in retrospect I probably should have always had one though).

Comfort is pretty subjective, but I find it comfortable and it has a decent amount of adjustment. I maybe found it a little high and a little firm initially but now I am used to it I find it much more comfortable especially over long periods than my old cheap chair. The adjustable height arms are excellent. I'd maybe rather the back recline locked, but the adjustable limit and tension is fine.
    It looks nice too imo; you can see the quality.

All for under £90 (albeit collected from quite a long way away) and in really good condition (slightly battered base, but that was pretty much it).
    Seems amazing value to me. I'd have been very happy with it even if I paid quite a bit more.

3. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Cheers bud - good to hear the experiences of someone on here :thumb:

The ones that I'm looking at would be about £200 once you include shipping it to me (or about £160 if I collected from London) and they have been recovered with decent fabric.