1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BioShock 2 has no LAN or dedicated servers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Jan 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Cue angry ranting... Here we go again.

3. Psy-UK

Psy-UK What's a Dremel?

UE3 (which is what this game runs on) supports LAN and Dedi multiplay out of the box. So what exactly is the problem?

4. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

meh, i never played bioshock 1 online anyway, so this doesn't really affect me. However, if this has caught on to a lot of developers and the new games im actually interested in, then its a bad day for me.

Its been said before, but it seems to me that game developers are looking for anyway to save money, so they make an xbox 360 game, then add on the pc "extras" of keyboard and mouse support, as well as DRM to stop the pirates (then the game gets released by pirates the day it comes out in the store anyway). Also im not very coherent today, headache ftl.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

please have a basic understanding of what the hell you are on about before you oepn your mouth. in future :eyebrow:

bioshit 1 didnt have any kind of multiplayer whatsoever.

jesus christ i seem to be surrounded by retards today /rage

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Well this is...odd, how can you not have dedis? Have they not seen the backlash that MW2 got for doing the same?

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

is anyone really that bothered? this MP will likely be poo anyway. and bioshock is a console game, let em have it.

8. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

I liked Bioshock but it was a singleplayer game only - not every game has to have multiplayer to be good - just as not every game has to have a single player side to be worth getting. What's the issue?

9. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I can't think of much more rubbish than Bioshock MP anyway. The story and art design was great, the gameplay was fairly dubious. Multiplayer takes the story out, nerfs the art design to make things balanced for team deathmatch, and leaves you with mediocre gameplay with ooh-shiney lightning etc.

10. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

I'm not getting it anyway cus it uses the rubbish games for windows live! So I'm not touching it didn't really like the first one much i got bored after i killed Ryan.

11. [GAH] Cheesey

[GAH] Cheesey What's a Dremel?

/epicfail

12. bob

bob What's a Dremel?

MW2 made loads of money regardless; at the end of the day its the only thing that matters.

13. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Saying he didn't play the non-existent MP makes no difference to the point of his post so how about you just chill out.

14. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

So in short what hes said is we couldn't be arsed or we were told to stick to schedule.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't implement the MP, they didn't in the first and it didn't stop it being a great game for me. But if they are, they might as well do it properly.

15. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

Bioshock is a single player game any way realy who cares about online or Lan play ? no real problem here

As for MW2 making loads of money , wonder how much more it will make once BF BC2 comes out ?

16. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

Why the **** does it even have multiplayer?

17. thEcat

thEcat What's a Dremel?

hum...

18. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

It seems to be the trend where games have been developed cross platform. It seems to work for consoles, but PCs... well, we're used to having dedicated servers. It's by no means a right, but in my experience it does make it more difficult to get an mp game working.

Borderlands was the last one we tried. Everyone on mics in Steam chat attempting to talk the non-techie friends through opening ports in their hardware firewalls. It wouldn't be a problem if people got their **** together and agreed on a standard set of ports for P2P games and had them pre-configured on home routers.

Ha, ha, ha... moo!

19. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

Clever. Get the pre-orders in by announcing cheap deals and freebies, then announce this afterwards.
    Am I really that bothered? I suppose not, but it definately shows the way PC gaming is going

20. Hardware150

Hardware150 Minimodder

well that would explain why i didn't play it online then won't it o_O

bioshock was a meh game, but i bought it for single player (and couldn't have bought it for multiplayer), and i probably won't buy bioshock 2 anyway, and i was only commenting on the fact that this isn't a bad thing for me, but if it is introduced on some other games i actually play online, then it would be a bad thing.

So please, don't take your rage out on me and incinuate that i am a retard just because i assumed bioshock 1 had multiplayer, i own it and played through it once, and even if it had multiplayer i wouldn't have been in the slightest bit interested in it, so please shoot me for my insinuate statement.

Flame Cheesecake.

Tags: Add Tags