1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Jaffe: "Sony should sue Microsoft"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

The last thing these frakkin' companies need is advice of this nature !

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I think the Greeks, Destruction Derby devs and Hercules should sue both companies.

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

Then id should sue Activision over the similarities between Doom and CoD because the game has a gun in it.

Which arse lets this idiot speak publicly?! if it's sony, then we should sue them! :)

5. Eggy

Eggy Minimodder

Look up who David jaffe is please.

6. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

I know who he is and what games he has been behind, but ever time the idiot opens his mouth crap comes out! Now he is better known for his out spoken comments that his games

7. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Free advertisement for his games.

8. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

lets sue everyone who has similar names, oh should microsoft sue the people behind open office cos it has the word office in it and does the same job, or should the people behind open office sue microsoft for same reason

come on idiots, think before you speak

9. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Yes sony own the god of war title, they DO NOT own the war of the gods title.
    Yes they own twisted metal title, they DO NOT own scrap metal title.

What is the world coming to? If the title is the same, then yes sue them but if the title happens to have a word in it that another game has but has other words too, then surely they cant sue because of that? If they can, then this copyright system is pants and within a few years every possible name for everything will be copyrighted and there will not be any creativity left.

10. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Ever heard of the Greek God of War, Eres?
    Greece should sue Sony for using a title they've had for centuries.
    God of War is actually a generic title, not specific. And being based on Greek myth, you can't tradmark anything within the game aside from the final game as a whole.

Why is he even talking about crap he has nothing to do with.

11. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

Devil May Cry makers Capcom should sue David Jaffe.

What a total fool. He makes a couple of babyish console games with cheesy visuals and all of a sudden he is the KING OF GAME DESIGN AND ORIGINALITY!

12. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

Or the Owner and Designers to AutoDuel for the Commodore should sue Jaffe for stealing their game idea.

13. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

All I read was one more sign that developers have run out of ideas, the gaming industry has completely stagnated and is only releasing remakes of last years games. When was the last time a commercial developer released a game that lived up to the hype they created for it. All the resources and energy to make a game are put into marketing and often a poorly coded but visually appealing bloated pig of an engine.

Look at the top twenty games on metacritic, how many of those games are good enough to be up there? Looking at the differences from user score to critic score on a lot of those games makes me ask how much are publishers paying per score.

Lets take a look at the second best PC game of all time. (according to metacritic)

/rant

Also Sony should sue to stop a twisted metal clone from being released, it sucked back then and will suck still today.

14. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

This guy is a giant douche.

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I wish they would remake Twisted Metal 2. That game was truly awesome and very underrated

16. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Microsofts motto, IF you can't buy it steal it. Microsoft is historically known for "borrowing" others ideas. Nothings changed since Bill Gates bought DOS. Hell the Xboxes whole fondation is from PC gaming. If it were'nt for Microsoft "borrowing" what has made PC gaming great do you think the Xbox would be as popular as it is?

That's why I prefer PC gaming. Its where newer better games come to life first, in other words cutting edge.

17. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Lol.... Right anyone of you who's name is even close to mine stand by for some stiffly worded letters. And WO-behold anyone's name that's the same.

Lol first apple trying to patent hand gestures now this crap. Well I've got one for you................................

18. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

i call f*ckwit.

/thread closed

19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You've all got to admit, Twisted Metal and Scrap Metal, really? Maybe not lawsuit worthy, but it's just in bad taste. He may be a jerk for suggesting a lawsuit, but it's really cutting the names close. Would it be so much harder to come up with a name that isn't "Adjective Metal" just to be safe and original? It's obviously playing off of a similar name to catch people's attention, it's pathetic.

The God of War and War of the Gods situation is a little dicey too. It's the same name turned around, with "the" added in and has a very similar plot. I call bull**** on that. Could have been Battle of the Gods, War of Immortals, War of Olympia, or any badass sounding Greek name you can think of. Anything that doesn't resemble God of War so closely, again makes it seem like cheap marketing through name recognition.

20. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Combat car games have been round for years, Rollcage (PC), Supercars 2 (Amiga) etc.

Tags: Add Tags