1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling 1155 waterblock for 2600K chip.... recommendation plz.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dynamis_dk, 22 Mar 2011.

1. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I've currently got a D-tek Fuzion waterblock which has served very well on my q6600.

times move on and i'm looking to build a i7 setup round a 2600K, but i'm very much out of the loop as far as watercooling kit goes as mine hasn't changed in 4 years.

I'm looking for a 1/2" tube friendly waterblock for a 1155 / i7 setup - what should i be looking at?? Back in the day i would aim at something danger den but i'm not sure who the big players are anymore.

so recommendations (and links to stores if possible)

ta

2. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

i 'think' the EK Supreme HF still comes out slightly on top if you're going to be pushing it... (& 'everywhere' sells it)

Though they're apparently releasing a new mounting system for it at some point soon - no idea on date though...

3. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

"but i'm very much out of the loop as far as watercooling kit goes"

:D

I seem to remember water has no (or almost no) effect on the overclocking potential of sandy bridge chips, becuase the voltage makes them unstable before the temp does? Haven't done any research into this mind . . .

4. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Well my system was initially spec'ed for quiet over pure cooling power to assist clocks. Rig is in my bedroom so given the 2600k chips seem to do very well on air I'm hoping to get best of both with this setup (decent clock and low noise)

5. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Tbh, unless i wanted to water cool other components, i wouldn't look at building a loop just for a SB chip as the cost wouldn't be worth it for a negligible increase in speed...

Since though, you've already got a loop (basically the same position as me - as & when the SB board gets into stock), then it'd be a little pointless not to add it in - not least as a CPU block isn't particularly different in cost than a high end hs & fan...

...& will obviously make no more noise than it currently makes.

6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

ek supreme ht is still the top of the pile, and is 1155 compatible with the universal back plate. the ek supreme lt is also a good block if you don't want to spend as much and the same applies to it as ht 1155 compatibility.