1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling First leak test

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wodgah, 12 Feb 2012.

1. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

As i am totally new to watercooling i thought i would try and keep short vids of my process, starting with my leak test.

This way anyone who knows more than me (most people!!) could chip in and help if my making any errors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX39MtzpxLY&feature=youtu.be

Just the first leak test ATM.

2. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

Im a newbie in watercooling looking into my first custom loop and cant see anything wrong with your l/test

3. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Thanks , ill leave it running a while and keep trying to get those air bubbles out.

4. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Generally looks fine...

But you're going to need to rotate both the cpu block & gfx card (& any other blocks if you had them) to ensure you've removed the air from them... ...these can be done fairly early on within the standard 24 hour testing as, from my experience, once they're air free they don't regain air bubbles from the loop.

[this is the reason why i buy plexi tops as it's then really obvious whether it's been done successfully]

& then, you'll need to be able to rotate either the whole case around every axis (ensuring that the outlet from the res doesn't run dry) or the rad (which is by far the easier way) over the first 24hrs to remove the air from that... ...& then subsequently after about a week.

[this is a why i now use external rads as it's much simpler to just rotate that - taking the 24 hours of initial air removing down to less than 12... ...the main reason though is that mounting the same rad & fans externally gives much better temps]

5. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Shake the PC. Sounds crazy, but it does work. You're using entirely Compression fittings, so you'll be fine so far as cabling goes. It just jogs the air bubbles into circulation, and from there; the res.

I have to do it with my res basically every time I fill the loop.

6. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

7. AoE

AoE What's a Dremel?

looks good, cant say the same for the case, but then again mine is bad looking from inside. Getting a nice test bench :)

8. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Fancy doing a review of that NZXT case? I'm never sure with NZXT, they're still very hit and miss.
    The build looks very sharp, nice black and white with the purple being a great splash of colour.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think that's a bit critical! That's a very clean install and a good-looking interior imo. The only thing that would clean it up is the front being colour co-ordinated or adding a door. :)

10. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Yeah. Looks nice inside. I'm a fan of brushed aluminium myself. Super cool though!

Inside my case is a mess :)

11. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies.

Ive only had a the case over the weekend and i really like it , i know people tend to be very one way or the other with NZXT but for the price it seems great.

Very easy to build in with a lot of cable management it came with 3x140mm NZXT fans has an SD card reader built into the front panel and hhas room for the 360 rad in the roof and a 240 rad in the bottom of the case with NO modding required at all. I am sure somone with some modding experience could do even more.

The case was £150 delivered from SCAN it has dust filters a neat little LED backlight for the i/o panel at the back too.

As far as the front goes i agree im not over the moon about the grey res and then black drive but i did this on a tight budget and a lot of my parts were trades/gifts/second hand.

I will be continuing this on as a project and want to add to it over time.

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Good job! :thumb: